Heidi Klum Wears Mondo's 'Project Runway' Dress
By Christine Fenno Posted Nov 13th 2010 01:28PM
Heidi Klum, 37, slithered into Guerra's black and white design for the event at Grauman's Chinese Theater, and she was all smiles while flaunting the sexy open back and revised (now sleeveless) silhouette.
In the October season finale episode of 'Runway,' Klum was adamant about loving the flamboyant design and wanting to wear it. Her opinion was shared by Jessica Simpson, guest judge for the Fashion Week episode, who said she was "obsessed" with Mondo's dots.
Eventually, the panel came to a consensus as the two other judges, fashion insiders Michael Kors and Nina Garcia (who called Guerra's line "overwhelming") leaned toward championing the subtler collection of Gretchen Jones, a Portland designer with a much earthier style.
Mondo may be having the last laugh now. "As I was packing to come back to Denver my cell phone rang and a bright, cheery, 'Hello' greeted me, with a German accent," he tells People.com. "I wasn't sure who it was, but the next thing I knew, the voice on the other end was asking me, 'Do you have my dress?'"
Next, Guerra scheduled an immediate fitting, then flew to his home in Denver and dashed to a fabric store. "The next morning, I came back to my studio and made the dress, shipped it overnight for early morning delivery," he recalls. "I knew she had received the dress, but was she going to wear it?"
Yes, she did!
Season 8 champ Gretchen Jones recently made a quirky video for Marie Claire magazine, and reflected to TV Guide about her 'Runway' competitor: "What Mondo and I represented were two very different aesthetics and perspectives. And I felt really grateful that Nina and Michael understood where I was coming from. I think they really understood me, not only as a designer, but what I represented in the fashion world. They were [the ones] I really was trying to reach. I knew it was going to be a battle from the minute I met Mondo, and I know both of our futures are bright."
Check out Mondo and his infamous dotty dress in this clip from 'Project Runway' season 8:
MORE ABOUT Heidi Klum
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Heidi Klum Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Shares Bikini Pictures With North West; Adrienne Bailon Defends Rob Kardashian Comments: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Sebastian Stan and Margarita Levieva Are Dating!
- Kristen Stewart Will Not Star in Snow White and the Huntsman Sequel, Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth Reprise Roles
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- WATCH: 'Everybody Loves Raymond' cast reunites
- Celebrities who saved themselves for marriage
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Nick Viall Explains Fantasy Suite Experience With Andi Dorfman: Our Intimacy Level Was Way Beyond the "Act of Sex"
- Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Controversy Surrounding Willow's Photo: "Don't Pollute Something That's Not Dirty"
- Barack Obama "Favorite" Katy Perry Sings at the White House—and Brings Her Republican Mom!