Julien Hug's Funeral: Suicide Note Revealed
By Christine Fenno Posted Nov 13th 2010 08:21AM
Hug's live-in girlfriend, Jennifer Bell, spoke to mourners, according to RadarOnline, about her heartbreak in the aftermath of losing her "perfect" partner.
"I will miss every night where we would lie in bed and before he went to sleep he would whisper in my ear and say I love you." She added that he "loathed" being asked about his 2009 stint on ABC's 'The Bachelorette,' during which he competed for the affections of Jillian Harris.
The grieving parents, Denise and Bertrand Hug, made the bold choice to share the contents of their son's suicide note with those in attendance.
As Radar reports, the handwritten message Hug left his parents was filled with love, gratitude, apologies and an explanation about the pain of his depression.
"This will hurt you," he wrote. "I am so sorry to do this to you. I feel only love for you mom and dad. But I'm terribly sad everyday. I hurt. People will think I took the easy way out. I say I took the smart way out...."
In closing, he wrote, "Tell everyone I love them. Make sure everyone knows that I just want to be in peace. I love everyone. I'm so sorry to have to do this. It's the only way I know how. Julien."
Photos of Hug through the years, which were shared at the funeral, can be seen here.
The 35-year-old shot himself in a remote California region about 90 miles east of Los Angeles; his body was found earlier this month.
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Subway Executives Allegedly Knew About Jared Fogle Having Sex With a 9-Year-Olds
- Sarah Jessica Parker, 50, Stuns in a Sexy Swimsuit on Ibiza Yacht Trip With Celebrity Pals: Pictures
- Emma Roberts and Evan Peters Are Back On After Breaking Off Engagement
- ‘The Good Wife's' Christine Baranski talks Emmys, season 7 excitement
- MSNBC cuts back on Katrina coverage due to Brian Williams?
- Marine asks Ronda Rousey to Marine Corps Ball