Julien Hug's Funeral: Suicide Note Revealed
By Christine Fenno Posted Nov 13th 2010 08:21AM
Hug's live-in girlfriend, Jennifer Bell, spoke to mourners, according to RadarOnline, about her heartbreak in the aftermath of losing her "perfect" partner.
"I will miss every night where we would lie in bed and before he went to sleep he would whisper in my ear and say I love you." She added that he "loathed" being asked about his 2009 stint on ABC's 'The Bachelorette,' during which he competed for the affections of Jillian Harris.
The grieving parents, Denise and Bertrand Hug, made the bold choice to share the contents of their son's suicide note with those in attendance.
As Radar reports, the handwritten message Hug left his parents was filled with love, gratitude, apologies and an explanation about the pain of his depression.
"This will hurt you," he wrote. "I am so sorry to do this to you. I feel only love for you mom and dad. But I'm terribly sad everyday. I hurt. People will think I took the easy way out. I say I took the smart way out...."
In closing, he wrote, "Tell everyone I love them. Make sure everyone knows that I just want to be in peace. I love everyone. I'm so sorry to have to do this. It's the only way I know how. Julien."
Photos of Hug through the years, which were shared at the funeral, can be seen here.
The 35-year-old shot himself in a remote California region about 90 miles east of Los Angeles; his body was found earlier this month.
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian at Age 13 Knew She Would Be Famous: "You're Gonna Remember Me as This Beautiful Little Girl!"
- Novak Djokovic Welcomes Baby Boy Stefan With Wife Jelena Ristic
- Justin Bieber Takes a Bubble Bath, Wears Bubble Beard: Half-Naked Photo
- It's Not The Knife, It's My Happy New Life! Renee Zellweger Sidesteps Plastic Surgery Questions, Says Drastic Change In Look Is Result Of Different Lifestyle
- ?I Won’t Stand For This Crap!' Rosie O'Donnell Raising Havoc At ?The View' Over Flash Sales & Rumored Addition Of Younger Panelist
- Renee Zellweger's changed face a result of ?insecurities,' source says
- Billy Bob Thornton calls blood vial swap with Angelina Jolie 'romantic'
- Renee Zellweger: 'Perhaps I look different -- who doesn't as they get older?!'
- 11 Things to Expect From The 100's Insanely Awesome Season 2 Premiere
- Shailene Woodley: ''I Love'' Racy Sex Scene in New Film: ''It's Kind of Sexy, But Kind of Disturbing''
- Billy Bob Thornton Explains Why Angelina Jolie Wanted to Wear a Vial of His Blood Around Her Neck