Joe Simpson 'Very Happy' for Jessica and Eric
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 15th 2010 07:12AM
Jessica Simpson just accepted a ruby-and-diamond engagement ring from her boyfriend of five months, football player Eric Johnson, and her father is already prepared to walk her down the aisle. "So very happy for Jess and Eric," Joe Simpson posted Sunday night on Twitter. "May they have a lifetime of joy and happiness."
On Saturday, Simpson was spotted wearing a large ring on her left hand while making an appearance at a Kansas mall. Her rep has yet to confirm that she and Johnson are officially engaged.
Just days earlier, news broke that ex-husband Nick Lachey was engaged to his longtime live-in girlfriend, Vanessa Minnillo.
Simpson met Johnson in May, and their speedy courtship took a big step forward when he accompanied her to Italy to celebrate her 30th birthday in July. Last month -- shortly after Johnson's divorce from his wife of five years was finalized -- Simpson gushed in the press about her new romance: "We're just best friends. He's my dude! I love him."
Of Johnson, she's also said: "He's very, very supportive ... I couldn't ask for a better man in my life right now." This will be the second marriage for both.
The TV starlet wed pop singer Lachey at the age of 22 in 2002. After starring on the MTV hit 'Newlyweds,' the couple divorced in 2006. Lachey, 37, began dating Minnillo shortly after the divorce. Simpson has since dated singer John Mayer and football star Tony Romo.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Jessica Simpson
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jessica Simpson Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Robin Williams' son remembers his dad and Christopher Reeve's friendship
- Netflix nabs Tina Fey's new sitcom from NBC
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- PDA Alert! Robert Pattinson Gets Cheeky with Girlfriend FKA twigs
- Look Out J.Lo and Kim K! Here Comes Beyonc