Joe Simpson 'Very Happy' for Jessica and Eric
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 15th 2010 07:12AM
Jessica Simpson just accepted a ruby-and-diamond engagement ring from her boyfriend of five months, football player Eric Johnson, and her father is already prepared to walk her down the aisle. "So very happy for Jess and Eric," Joe Simpson posted Sunday night on Twitter. "May they have a lifetime of joy and happiness."
On Saturday, Simpson was spotted wearing a large ring on her left hand while making an appearance at a Kansas mall. Her rep has yet to confirm that she and Johnson are officially engaged.
Just days earlier, news broke that ex-husband Nick Lachey was engaged to his longtime live-in girlfriend, Vanessa Minnillo.
Simpson met Johnson in May, and their speedy courtship took a big step forward when he accompanied her to Italy to celebrate her 30th birthday in July. Last month -- shortly after Johnson's divorce from his wife of five years was finalized -- Simpson gushed in the press about her new romance: "We're just best friends. He's my dude! I love him."
Of Johnson, she's also said: "He's very, very supportive ... I couldn't ask for a better man in my life right now." This will be the second marriage for both.
The TV starlet wed pop singer Lachey at the age of 22 in 2002. After starring on the MTV hit 'Newlyweds,' the couple divorced in 2006. Lachey, 37, began dating Minnillo shortly after the divorce. Simpson has since dated singer John Mayer and football star Tony Romo.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Jessica Simpson
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jessica Simpson Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amalie Lee documents recovery from anorexia on Instagram
- How 'Fear of The Walking Dead' star Elizabeth Rodriguez deals with gore
- Miley Cyrus disses Taylor Swift: 'I don't want to be in the squad'
- Extra Scoop: Josh Duggar ‘Lived a Covert and Extensive Life of Evil' Says Jessa's Father-in-Law
- Emmy Rossum Is Engaged to 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail
- Brody Jenner Talks Deejaying and Caitlyn as He Helps Open SKY Waikiki
- Joan Rivers Honored in Fashion Police Return, Daughter Melissa Introduces New "What Would Joan Say?" Segment
- Peta Murgatroyd Pulls Out of Dancing With The Stars Season 21 Due to Ankle Injury: Details
- Taylor Swift, Brother Austin Swift Stay Humble, Share Awesome #TBT Photo of Life on the Farm