Joe Simpson 'Very Happy' for Jessica and Eric
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 15th 2010 07:12AM
Jessica Simpson just accepted a ruby-and-diamond engagement ring from her boyfriend of five months, football player Eric Johnson, and her father is already prepared to walk her down the aisle. "So very happy for Jess and Eric," Joe Simpson posted Sunday night on Twitter. "May they have a lifetime of joy and happiness."
On Saturday, Simpson was spotted wearing a large ring on her left hand while making an appearance at a Kansas mall. Her rep has yet to confirm that she and Johnson are officially engaged.
Just days earlier, news broke that ex-husband Nick Lachey was engaged to his longtime live-in girlfriend, Vanessa Minnillo.
Simpson met Johnson in May, and their speedy courtship took a big step forward when he accompanied her to Italy to celebrate her 30th birthday in July. Last month -- shortly after Johnson's divorce from his wife of five years was finalized -- Simpson gushed in the press about her new romance: "We're just best friends. He's my dude! I love him."
Of Johnson, she's also said: "He's very, very supportive ... I couldn't ask for a better man in my life right now." This will be the second marriage for both.
The TV starlet wed pop singer Lachey at the age of 22 in 2002. After starring on the MTV hit 'Newlyweds,' the couple divorced in 2006. Lachey, 37, began dating Minnillo shortly after the divorce. Simpson has since dated singer John Mayer and football star Tony Romo.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Jessica Simpson
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jessica Simpson Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Family Guy's' Brian coming back in upcoming episode?
- Christian music duo spreads God's message in debut album
- Alec Baldwin returning to TV as a host on Jan. 6 for TCM special
- 'Sound of Music Live'! Carrie Underwood Can Sing, But Can She Act?
- Paris Hilton Denies Offensive Nelson Mandela Tweet
- Nelson Mandela Death: Prince William, Oprah and Others Pay Tribute
- Paris Hilton Slams "Stupid Fake" Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King Confusion Tweet
- Jen Arnold Diagnosed With Rare Cancer: Little Couple Star Undergoing Surgery and Chemo
- Kelly Clarkson Talks Pregnancy Morning Sickness on Ellen: "I Vomit a Good Dozen Times a Day"