Travolta and Preston Gearing Up for 'Silent Birth'
By Rob Shuter Posted Nov 15th 2010 09:26PM
While John Travolta and wife Kelly Preston await the arrival of their new son Benjamin, one thing is already a known fact -- when the little boy does arrive, Scientology will play a major role. John flew back to the USA from Australia on Sunday to make preparations for their new arrival, which will include a controversial "silent" Scientology birth.
"The couple will follow the church's guidelines during delivery," a family insider tells me. "No music, no talking and no screaming will be allowed during the pains of labor. Also their new son cannot be prodded for medical tests or spoken to for the first seven days of his life. You don't want to do anything that will haunt them for the rest of their lives."
Preston told Redbook magazine a few years ago that she tried to follow the church's guidelines during the birth of daughter Ella Bleu, but after 13 long hours of labor, she told her husband, "Throw me in the car. I want an epidural!" However, due to traffic, there was not enough time to get Kelly to the hospital.
"This time around, Kelly is determined to follow her church's guidelines," an insider tells me. "Everyone who will be present at the birth has been given clear instructions to not make a sound."
For your sake, Kelly, I'm hoping Benjamin will be more eager to meet you and John than Ella was! (Full disclosure: I haven't been silent for 13 hours in my life!)
MORE ABOUT John Travolta
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about John Travolta Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'X-Men' director calls sex abuse lawsuit a shakedown
- FOX411's pic of the day
- James Franco on his 'intimate' selfies: 'It's not like I'm exposing myself'
- Dr. Phil Gives Obama, Putin Couples Therapy on 'Tonight Show' (Video)
- Seth Meyers Set to Host 2014 Emmys
- John Oliver to Interview Former NSA Director in HBO Debut
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Daniel Radcliffe Asks, 'What Would Michael Fassbender Do?'
- Brace Yourselves, There's Going to Be a Peeps Movie
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence, Pulls Out of 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Press Tour