If Bristol Wins 'Dancing,' Can Sarah Palin Win the White House?
By Rob Shuter Posted Nov 16th 2010 07:25AM
While all those political folks are debating what it would take for Sarah Palin to run for the presidency in 2012, my entertainment sources are telling me the answer is much more simple. If Bristol wins 'Dancing With the Stars,' Sarah is in for sure.
"Sarah ultimately wants to win if she runs again; she's not interested in running to increase her popularity or visibility. She will only run if she thinks she can win," a friend of Bristol's tells me. "And the best barometer at the moment is Bristol's success on 'Dancing With the Stars.' If Bristol can get enough votes to win the mirror ball trophy, Sarah is convinced she can get enough votes to send her to the White House."
It's true, Bristol and Sarah's participatiion in the enormously successful TV competition has shown a new side of the Palin family. Plus, with her new reality show, 'Sarah Palin's Alaska,' debuting Sunday night to beyond-stellar ratings, no one should be surprised that the former governor is tying hard to re-brand herself and her family.
"Sarah and her family got off on the wrong foot with a lot of people in the great American public," a political insider tells me. "There were so many lies and attacks on her that 'Dancing With the Stars' and her new reality show have both been great opportunities to reintroduce her and her family. And at the end of the days lets face it, we don't pick a president because of his or her policies and we don't pick the 'Dancing With the Stars' winner because of his or her fancy footwork. We pick them because we like them."
If this is true, no one tell Kate Gosselin ... can you imagine what she would be like if she thought we actually liked her?
More Naughty But Nice: Sarah 'Obsessed' w/ Making Bristol a Dancing Champ, Insider Says
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Bristol Palin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Bristol Palin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Aniston Admits Drinking Jimmy Kimmel's Wife's Breast Milk, "It's Almost Coconut-Milky"
- Britney Spears Talks "Sh--ty Day" After David Lucado Split, Still Manages to Smile
- Miley Cyrus's Homeless MTV VMAs Date Jesse Helt Turns Himself in to Police, Cyrus Helps Pay for Legal Help
- NYPD Investigating ?X-Men' Director Bryan Singer For Another Alleged Sex Crime
- Ri-Jected? Rihanna ?Slighted' By Jay Z After He Flaked On Concert Appearance, Says Source ? Inside The Roc Nation ?Drama’
- 'Frasier's' David Hyde Pierce joins ?The Good Wife'
- Blake Shelton: 'I gotta get back to singing about getting drunk' on new album
- Martina McBride and Billy Ray Cyrus team up to honor the Beatles