Joan Collins a Cougar? 'I Don't Know About That'
By Nicki Gostin Posted Nov 16th 2010 12:01PM
Tell me about your show.
It's very exciting. It's a show I've done in England and it's all about my life, my experiences, the people that I've met. I talk about Marilyn Monroe, Frank Sinatra, Marlon Brando, Gregory Peck, the cast of 'Dynasty.' The whole thing is illustrated with non-stop photographs and movie stills.
Give me a taste. What's your story on Marilyn?
I'm only going to give you one.
Hold on. Wait, what's a better story? Marilyn or Frank?
No, I'm not going to tell you Frank, it's a dirty one. I met Marilyn when I had just gotten the lead in 'The Girl in the Red Velvet Swing,' and she told me that they had wanted her for the role, but then they told her she was too old. And then the penny dropped, I realized it was Marilyn and we were talking and she said, "Watch out for the wolves in Hollywood, honey!" I'm not very good at telling the anecdotes out of order.
When you said the Frank Sinatra story is dirty, what did you mean?
I didn't say dirty. I said funny.
Oh. I saw online that you turned down Frank. Is that true?
Was he upset?
You'll have to come and see the show! That's part of the story. I really believe one should have a certain amount of mystery in life. When people come to the show, I think they'll feel that they have found out quite a lot about me having lived a long life, but I think they'll also feel there are other things they haven't found out.
You look fabulous. What is your secret?
I'm very lucky to have wonderful, good-looking parents. Good genes. I take care of myself, inside and out. I believe in eating good food. I don't eat junk. If you eat junk, you look like junk. I try to keep my face out of the sun. I moisturize and I always wear makeup.
You're sort of the original cougar.
I don't know about that.
Your husband, Percy Gibson, is 32 years younger than you. That's quite a difference.
Well, you know age is really not a very important thing. I think people should be judged on how they look and feel more than their chronological age. I don't think people should be defined by the age they are or the age of the person they are married to.
You've also been described as a doting grandma.
I don't know about doting. I find that word kind of repellent.
I don't know why. It sounds like it's from the 19th century. Let's move on to the next question.
By the way, I've seen your son's paintings. He's very talented.
Yes he's wonderful, he's very talented. I dote on him. [Laughs]
Feinstein's at Loews Regency is located at 540 Park Avenue at 61st Street in New York City. For reservations call (212) 339-4095 or visit feinsteinsatloewsregency.com.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Duggar Fans Create Counter-Petition to Save TLC Show; Watch Jimmy Kimmel's Latest Mean Tweets Segment: Top 5 Stories
- Jessica Hall Pregnant! Kendra Wilkinson's BFF Expecting First Child With Husband Kyle Carlson
- Armie Hammer's Wife Elizabeth Chambers Celebrates Baby Shower: Photos, Details
- Could Adam Lanza Have Been Stopped? Sandy Hook Report Cites Missed Chances To Avoid School Massacre, Cites ?Parental Denial'
- Bill Cosby's Florida standup performance greeted with standing ovation
- Three Bill Cosby stand-up performances canceled
- Polish town bans Winnie the Pooh mascot from playground for being hermaphrodite
- Katherine Heigl Gets Real About the Rude-Girl Rumors, Reveals How She Used John Mayer to Get Her Future Hubby to Commit
- Charlie Day on the Most Difficult Part About Being Groped by Jennifer Aniston: ''It's Fiction!''
- How to Get Away With Murder Boss Spills Scoop: Who Killed Lila? Where Does Wes Go From Here? What's Bonnie Up to? Find Out!