Michaela Wallace Doesn't Really Want to be 'Justin Bieber's Girlfriend'
By Amber James Posted Nov 17th 2010 01:30PM
Michaela Wallace was just another Justin Bieber fan with his posters plastered across her bedroom walls ... until she decided to pen a catchy song and create a music video about the teen heartthrob. Her tune, 'Justin Bieber's Girlfriend,' has since racked up nearly a half-million views on YouTube, but the 14-year-old admits she is still taking life one day at a time. PopEater had the chance to talk to the aspiring singer-songwriter about her future in music and whether she'd ever actually date The Biebs.
Your song 'Justin Bieber's Girlfriend' is so catchy. How did you get the idea to write the song?
I've been a big fan of his since he first started. I really like his music. I wanted to write something that girls my age could relate to and there are millions of girls out there who dream of being Justin's girlfriend, so I thought that would be a good idea.
Did you write the song yourself?
I co-wrote the song with Deanna Harper and Paul Allen, songwriters in Nashville. Deanna found my videos on my Facebook and she had me come out and do some writing sessions.
Have you ever meet Justin?
Yeah. I was lucky enough to do a meet-and-greet with him before a concert in Nashville. It was so awesome. I was nervous because he IS Justin Bieber. But he was really cool and made me feel comfortable. Then, during the concert when he sang 'U Smile,' he came over and sang right to my cousin and I! That was pretty awesome.
Has Team Bieber reached out to you?
No, but I'm still hoping that he will ... If I got to talk to him, I'd tell him I really love his music, and I hope he likes mine because I wrote it for him and all those girls out there who really like him.
What's next for you?
Being a singer has always been a big dream of mine. I'll keep writing and recording more music. But I'm still going to school and having a normal life, doing my chores like everyone else. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Before I let you go, I have to ask, do you actually want to be Justin Bieber's girlfriend?
Maybe, but it would be really crazy with everything he has going on and all those girls chasing after him.
►The 'Justin Bieber's Girlfriend EP' is available on iTunes.
MORE ABOUT Justin Bieber
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Justin Bieber Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Records: Jane Fonda's charity foundation hasn't made donation in 5 years
- Maxim names annual Hometown Hottie: And the winner is...
- What do Adam Levine and Wilmer Valderrama have in common? ObamaCare
- ?Scandal' behind the scenes: Three men and an Emmy ? VIDEO
- Hate Joffrey? Here's your chance to roast the ?Game of Thrones' king
- Throwback Thursday: What's your favorite mid-season finale of all time? ? VIDEO
- Extra Scoop: Susan Sarandon Admits to Attending 'Almost All' Award Shows Stoned
- Gossip Girl: Kim K Shocks Everyone by Wearing the Same Thing Twice
- Mariah Carey on Creating Christmas Traditions for Her Twins
- Jeff Perry: Scandal Actor Joins Us For Live Twitter Q&A! Read His Spoilers and Surprising Behind-the-Scenes Details!
- Emmy Rossum Spoofs Gisele Bundchen, Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris Share Their Christmas Card: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Jenelle Evans Is "Exhausted" From Second Pregnancy, Has Severe Morning Sickness