Cee Lo Green Shows Off His 'Glimmer' For Absolut
By Ben Trivett Posted Nov 18th 2010 01:15PM
Last night, Cee Lo Green shocked and wowed partygoers at Absolut Vodka's release event for their seasonal bottle, Absolut Glimmer. The artist took the stage after dinner to perform an impromptu half-hour set and got the entire crowd dancing with a few tunes from his new album, 'The Lady Killer,' as well as a few oldies.
We caught up with Cee Lo before his performance to talk about the new album, touring and his holiday plans. You'll never guess who he'd love to sit at his Thanksgiving table. Check out PopEater's interview with Cee-Lo after the jump.
How are you feeling now that the new album is out and doing well?
We also heard that your new single went to number one on iTunes after the 'Glee' episode. Are you a fan of the show?
Actually, I've only seen a few of the episodes. But I'm aware of the concepts and love that it's original and I appreciate that it exists.
Do you have any touring plans with the new record?
Actually yes, in the near future, well very near future -- we'll be concluding the promo tour and start our formal tour sometime in February or March of next year.
Can we expect anything new from Gnarls Barkley?
Definitely something new, but we haven't started to discuss a direction or really anything in terms of music. We mostly just talk as friends. But I'll tell you what, let me surprise you.
Any big plans for the holidays?
Nothing too big, just a lot of tradition, being with family and friends, lots of food. You know.
If you had to chose celebs to join your Thanksgiving dinner, who'd be sitting at your table?
[Laughs] Let me see, I'd have to invite Lady Gaga over. I'm sure she'd wear something interesting. She'd become a great conversation piece around the dinner table. I'd also have to get Rob Williams over there to talk us to death. He's one of my favorite comedians of all time.
What celebs would be sitting at your kiddie table?
[Laughs] Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus ... everybody's invited.
What are the best Christmas presents you're going to give this year?
What's needed. I have three children, two of them are young adults, 20 and 17, then I also have a 10-year-old. He gets the most excited about Christmas. I also have a grandson, too. He's one year old. So I'm probably going to spoil him a little bit. But the most important thing is just to take care of needs as opposed to wants. And for the most part, I think that people want what they need.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ted Nugent concert canceled at Native American casino
- J.J. Abrams reveals X-Wing in ?Star Wars: Episode VII'
- Jessica Simpson talks babies: Will she have another one?
- ?The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All': ?I had no idea you guys were kissing her so fast!'
- A serious attempt to understand Blake Lively's Goop-like website
- Dwayne Johnson maybe just revealed that he's playing a ?Justice League' superhero
- Go Behind the Scenes of 'Divergent's' Epic Ferris Wheel Scene with Shailene Woodley
- Extra Scoop: Robert Downey Jr. Is Hollywood's Highest-Paid Actor
- Vin Diesel Says It Was ?Surreal' Working with Paul Walker's Brothers on ?Fast & Furious 7'
- Jessica Alba Reveals her Secret To a Happy Family Life: Having Girls' Nights Out to Complain About your Husband
- Kim Kardashian App Takes Over Environmental Protection Agency's Twitter Account, EPA Becomes a "C-List Celebrity"
- Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed are Dating; Kim Kardashian Doesn't Have "Sympathy" For Younger Brother Rob Kardashian: Top 5 Monday Stories