Ne-Yo Ditches Diaper Duty to Enjoy 'Champagne Life'
By Amber James Posted Nov 18th 2010 12:50PM
The R&B singer, making his first public appearance since the birth of his daughter, was excited to rock the Moet Rose Lounge at LAVO in New York, even though his mind was on girlfriend Monyetta Shaw and their baby girl, who are in Atlanta.
"It was hard to leave. I don't want to miss anything," Ne-Yo tells PopEater. "But I have to get back out here."
Ne-Yo surprised the crowd with a performance at around 12:30AM, launching into 'Champagne Life' while holding a bottle of Moet & Chandon Nectar Imperial Rose. He finished with 'One in a Million,' another song from his upcoming album, before telling the crowd to "get really, really drunk tonight."
Meanwhile, R&B singer Ashanti kicked back with her closest girlfriends. "It's all about my girls tonight," she told PopEater.
The singer wore a black, hip-hugging dress and sunglasses and took photos of herself all night long.
Across the room, Vivica A. Fox didn't leave her boyfriend Slimm's side all night and barely spoke with other guests. The couple left the lounge at around 1AM.
Other celebrities in attendance included Kelly Choi, Jonathan Cheban, Katie Mox, Jennifer Williams and Al Lewis. 'Libra Scale' hits stores Nov. 22.
Ne-Yo and Ashanti attend the "Champagne Life" Tour party at Moet Rose Lounge at LAVO on November 17, 2010 in New York City.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Blake Shelton enlists the help of Meghan Trainor on 'The Voice'
- Star Trek fans 'Spock' Canadian $5 bill to honor late Leonard Nimoy
- Kelly Clarkson finally nabs a duet partner: Jimmy Fallon
- Extra Scoop: Kate Plus Hate -- Kate Gosselin Takes on Critics in New Video
- Demi Lovato Sets Record Straight on Health Scare
- Hilary Duff on Marriage, Divorce? and Aaron Carter
- Bruce Jenner Purchases $3.6 Million Secluded Malibu Mansion ? Get All the Details
- Amber Portwood: Matt Baier Engagement Is "Completely Different" From Tumultuous Past With Gary Shirley
- Wiz Khalifa Seemingly Bashes Estranged Wife Amber Rose in New Song "For Everybody" -- Listen Here