Something Fishy About How the Eva Longoria Divorce Story Went Down
By Rob Shuter Posted Nov 19th 2010 12:56PM
Eva Longoria was so determined to get her sad divorce news on the cover of a major tabloid that she told Us Weekly about when she would officially file in court before she spoke with Tony Parker. Crazy, but that's what a friend of the San Antonio Spur is telling me.
"Tony and Eva had both agreed they should split," a friend says. "Tony planned to file in Texas over the weekend but Eva insisted they file a few days later in LA, only after a secret deal had been cut to get her on the cover of Us Weekly."
Something was very strange about how all this went down. On Tuesday, TMZ reported the split. Then after a firm denial from Eva's publicist, the story was retracted. Jump to Wednesday, when a very sympathetic cover towards Eva hits newsstands with the headline, 'Betrayed By Tony,' and in less than 24 hours everything is confirmed.
Even Eva's friend, 'Extra' host Mario Lopez, chimed in with bold (some say scripted) comments, saying "she's devastated by the rumors of Tony's infidelity" and is "heartbroken" by the split. It played perfectly to the story she was telling, that Tony was a bad boy. Since then, an alleged mistress has been identified and Tony has responded with denials and pleas for privacy.
"This entire announcement was handled by Eva with military precision," an insider tells me. "She is obsessed with fame and the entire PR game. She wanted to make sure the first story that came out made her look like an innocent victim."
Tony on the other hand, was never into being a press-magnet.
"He hated posing for cameras or talking to magazines about his marriage," my source reveals. "And although he will undoubtedly miss Eva he certainly won't miss being dragged around LA pretending to be having a good time for the photographers."
Again? We Ask Folks on the Street About the Latest Cheating Athlete Scandal:
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Splitsville -
- TV News -
- WTF -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Eva Longoria
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Eva Longoria Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Shakira Calls Baby Bump Her "New Favorite Accessory" in Sweet Photo With Gerard Pique
- Auburn Police Respond to Complaints From Misty Upham's Family: "We Will Continue to Search for Answers"
- Kate Middleton Accentuates Baby Bump In Black Knit Flare Dress: Picture
- Tori Spelling Tells Dean ?I Don't Want Anymore Babies' Because There Are ?Consequences To Actions' ? Watch The Clip!
- Not Even A Shirt Can Keep Up With Khloe Kardashian! Her Almost Nip-Slip Revealed In 12 Photos
- Mama June NOT Dating Convicted Child Molester, Daughter Pumpkin Claims: ‘She Left Him 10 Years Ago!’
- Halle Berry launching a lingerie line
- Zack Galifianakis grills Brad Pitt on 'Between Two Ferns'
- New report claims Elizabeth Pena died from alcohol abuse