California native Kate Walsh never knew how her future would change when she got the call to appear on 'Grey's Anatomy' in 2005 as Dr. Addison Montgomery. "I had become lucky to be a pretty consistently working actor, but then it all changed with 'Grey's' obviously in a great way," Walsh tells PopEater. "I was doing other shows and doing a pilot every year and a series here or there and then they wouldn't go and wouldn't get picked up."
"I was supposed to just do a few episodes of 'Grey's' and then shot another pilot -- a half hour comedy for ABC -- and that didn't go. But then I got the call back to be the series regular on 'Grey's and then of course ['Private Practice']. It's been quite a ride. It changed everything in my life."
I got the call back to be the series regular on 'Grey's.' It's been quite a ride. It changed everything in my life.
"I got a lot busier on 'Private Practice' than I was on 'Grey's.' And in a sense, while the same character, it was a different show with new writers and cast. It was like a do-over. I would never guess that a guest spot would turn into my own show," Walsh recalls.
Now, she is heading into a new line of work as creator of the fragrance 'Boyfriend,' inspired by an old flame.
"I was in New York several years ago and I my boyfriend and I split up and I missed his fragrance ... I missed his cologne. I felt mildly embarrassed, but I was at a store and said 'I don't care, I'm going to get a men's scent. I want a dab of Boyfriend.' And I said 'Oh my God, wouldn't that be a great idea for a fragrance.' I know so many women who wear men's fragrances anyway."
"The idea wouldn't go away. I was haunted by it," she says.
Walsh has decided to run her own product rather than strike a licensing deal. "I didn't just want to do another celebrity fragrance," she says. "I have a company now. It takes a giant village of people helping me out. It's been an incredible journey."
Get More Info on Walsh's Boyfriend and See the Product Here
Also: Watch Kate Walsh's New Video 'Boyfriend' Series and Get a Glimpse at Her New Boyfriend Fragrance on HSN
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Hudson on Ex-Fiance Matthew Bellamy: "We're Family For the Rest of Our Lives"
- TLC's Bride By Design Premiere: How Does Wedding Dress Designer Heidi Elnora Keep the Peace?
- Raven Symone Is Very Confused, Says She's From "Every Continent in Africa and Europe"
- Craig Morgan on MSNBC guest's criticism of country music: Comment was 'ignorant'
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Calvin Harris Is ''Taken With'' Taylor Swift: "They Have Been Having Secret Meet Ups,'' Source Reveals
- Audra McDonald Joining Disney's Live-Action Beauty and the Beast? Get the Scoop and See Who She'd Play!
- Nikki Reed & Ian Somerhalder Keep Giving Us #RelationshipGoals—See Their Latest Love Fest!