California native Kate Walsh never knew how her future would change when she got the call to appear on 'Grey's Anatomy' in 2005 as Dr. Addison Montgomery. "I had become lucky to be a pretty consistently working actor, but then it all changed with 'Grey's' obviously in a great way," Walsh tells PopEater. "I was doing other shows and doing a pilot every year and a series here or there and then they wouldn't go and wouldn't get picked up."
"I was supposed to just do a few episodes of 'Grey's' and then shot another pilot -- a half hour comedy for ABC -- and that didn't go. But then I got the call back to be the series regular on 'Grey's and then of course ['Private Practice']. It's been quite a ride. It changed everything in my life."
I got the call back to be the series regular on 'Grey's.' It's been quite a ride. It changed everything in my life.
"I got a lot busier on 'Private Practice' than I was on 'Grey's.' And in a sense, while the same character, it was a different show with new writers and cast. It was like a do-over. I would never guess that a guest spot would turn into my own show," Walsh recalls.
Now, she is heading into a new line of work as creator of the fragrance 'Boyfriend,' inspired by an old flame.
"I was in New York several years ago and I my boyfriend and I split up and I missed his fragrance ... I missed his cologne. I felt mildly embarrassed, but I was at a store and said 'I don't care, I'm going to get a men's scent. I want a dab of Boyfriend.' And I said 'Oh my God, wouldn't that be a great idea for a fragrance.' I know so many women who wear men's fragrances anyway."
"The idea wouldn't go away. I was haunted by it," she says.
Walsh has decided to run her own product rather than strike a licensing deal. "I didn't just want to do another celebrity fragrance," she says. "I have a company now. It takes a giant village of people helping me out. It's been an incredible journey."
Get More Info on Walsh's Boyfriend and See the Product Here
Also: Watch Kate Walsh's New Video 'Boyfriend' Series and Get a Glimpse at Her New Boyfriend Fragrance on HSN
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelorette After the Final Rose Recap: Andi Dorfman's Runner-Up Confronts Her About "Making Love" to Him
- Arie Luyendyk Jr., Farmer Chris Soules Being Considered for ABC's Next Bachelor: Details
- Rob Kardashian Resurfaces While Mom Kris Jenner Cries Over His Issues; Audrina Patridge and Corey Bohan Split: Top 5 Monday Stories
- Out Of Kontrol! Teenagers Kendall & Kylie Jenner Cozy Up To Controversial Chris Brown ? Have They Gone Too Far?
- 'The Bachelorette' recap: Andi says 'Yes!' in dramatic season finale
- Kiefer Sutherland's rep responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s complaints about actor
- Anthony Anderson 'Eats America'
- The Bachelorette Finale: Find Out Who Wins, Who Loses It, & Who Cries – Plus, a Fantasy Suite Secret Revealed!
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Unintentionally Give the Cameras Their Best Blue Steel Face and Kill It!
- Eva Green's Controversial Sin City Outfit is Now Too Sexy For ABC