California native Kate Walsh never knew how her future would change when she got the call to appear on 'Grey's Anatomy' in 2005 as Dr. Addison Montgomery. "I had become lucky to be a pretty consistently working actor, but then it all changed with 'Grey's' obviously in a great way," Walsh tells PopEater. "I was doing other shows and doing a pilot every year and a series here or there and then they wouldn't go and wouldn't get picked up."
"I was supposed to just do a few episodes of 'Grey's' and then shot another pilot -- a half hour comedy for ABC -- and that didn't go. But then I got the call back to be the series regular on 'Grey's and then of course ['Private Practice']. It's been quite a ride. It changed everything in my life."
I got the call back to be the series regular on 'Grey's.' It's been quite a ride. It changed everything in my life.
"I got a lot busier on 'Private Practice' than I was on 'Grey's.' And in a sense, while the same character, it was a different show with new writers and cast. It was like a do-over. I would never guess that a guest spot would turn into my own show," Walsh recalls.
Now, she is heading into a new line of work as creator of the fragrance 'Boyfriend,' inspired by an old flame.
"I was in New York several years ago and I my boyfriend and I split up and I missed his fragrance ... I missed his cologne. I felt mildly embarrassed, but I was at a store and said 'I don't care, I'm going to get a men's scent. I want a dab of Boyfriend.' And I said 'Oh my God, wouldn't that be a great idea for a fragrance.' I know so many women who wear men's fragrances anyway."
"The idea wouldn't go away. I was haunted by it," she says.
Walsh has decided to run her own product rather than strike a licensing deal. "I didn't just want to do another celebrity fragrance," she says. "I have a company now. It takes a giant village of people helping me out. It's been an incredible journey."
Get More Info on Walsh's Boyfriend and See the Product Here
Also: Watch Kate Walsh's New Video 'Boyfriend' Series and Get a Glimpse at Her New Boyfriend Fragrance on HSN
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Beyonce Shares Adorable Family Photo With Blue, Jay Z Amidst Rumors of Marriage Problems: Picture
- Zac Efron Spotted Leaving Michelle Rodriguez's House Morning After Wild Night Out: Picture
- Jada Pinkett Smith Raises Awareness About Sexual Assault After Niece is Given Date-Rape Drug
- Jessica Simpson Doesn’t Want Any More Kids
- Dwayne Johnson Teases ‘Shazam’ Role
- Why Kendall Jenner Is Quitting ‘KUWTK’
- From Vine to the Billboard charts: Teen singer Shawn Mendes has breakthrough
- Reba McEntire releases new song, 'Pray for Peace'
- EPA sends out tweet promoting Kim Kardashian game, apologizes for doing so
- Billy Bob Thornton Criticizes TV's Cupcake Wars: "Does It Have to Be a F--king Competition?"
- Emma Stone Annoyed Colin Firth by Live-Texting Him the Entire Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason Plot
- Husband Makes Spreadsheet of Wife's Excuses for Not Having Sex; Wife Posts Rejection Log to Reddit