California native Kate Walsh never knew how her future would change when she got the call to appear on 'Grey's Anatomy' in 2005 as Dr. Addison Montgomery. "I had become lucky to be a pretty consistently working actor, but then it all changed with 'Grey's' obviously in a great way," Walsh tells PopEater. "I was doing other shows and doing a pilot every year and a series here or there and then they wouldn't go and wouldn't get picked up."
"I was supposed to just do a few episodes of 'Grey's' and then shot another pilot -- a half hour comedy for ABC -- and that didn't go. But then I got the call back to be the series regular on 'Grey's and then of course ['Private Practice']. It's been quite a ride. It changed everything in my life."
I got the call back to be the series regular on 'Grey's.' It's been quite a ride. It changed everything in my life.
"I got a lot busier on 'Private Practice' than I was on 'Grey's.' And in a sense, while the same character, it was a different show with new writers and cast. It was like a do-over. I would never guess that a guest spot would turn into my own show," Walsh recalls.
Now, she is heading into a new line of work as creator of the fragrance 'Boyfriend,' inspired by an old flame.
"I was in New York several years ago and I my boyfriend and I split up and I missed his fragrance ... I missed his cologne. I felt mildly embarrassed, but I was at a store and said 'I don't care, I'm going to get a men's scent. I want a dab of Boyfriend.' And I said 'Oh my God, wouldn't that be a great idea for a fragrance.' I know so many women who wear men's fragrances anyway."
"The idea wouldn't go away. I was haunted by it," she says.
Walsh has decided to run her own product rather than strike a licensing deal. "I didn't just want to do another celebrity fragrance," she says. "I have a company now. It takes a giant village of people helping me out. It's been an incredible journey."
Get More Info on Walsh's Boyfriend and See the Product Here
Also: Watch Kate Walsh's New Video 'Boyfriend' Series and Get a Glimpse at Her New Boyfriend Fragrance on HSN
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kirk Cameron Performs Growing Pains Series Retrospective in Just 60 Seconds
- Anne Hathaway Has a Fierce New Bob Cut, Teaches a Master Class On Growing Out Your Pixie: See It From Every Angle
- Kim Kardashian at Age 13 Knew She Would Be Famous: "You're Gonna Remember Me as This Beautiful Little Girl!"
- It's Not The Knife, It's My Happy New Life! Renee Zellweger Sidesteps Plastic Surgery Questions, Says Drastic Change In Look Is Result Of Different Lifestyle
- ?I Won’t Stand For This Crap!' Rosie O'Donnell Raising Havoc At ?The View' Over Flash Sales & Rumored Addition Of Younger Panelist
- Renee Zellweger: 'Perhaps I look different -- who doesn't as they get older?!'
- Celebrity Playboy cover girls
- Florida Georgia Line: We're 'professional partiers' and smoke pot