'Eclipse' Star Bronson Pelletier Assaulted, Nose Broken at 'Twilight' Convention
By Christine Fenno Posted Nov 20th 2010 10:51AM
Four men, who were allegedly drunk guests at a nearby wedding in the same venue, attacked Pelletier in the men's room of a Hilton hotel where he was a main attraction at 'Eternal Twilight 4,' a fan expo packed with teenage girls in Birmingham, about 120 miles from London (Peter Facinelli was the biggest 'Twilight' star originally booked to appear, but was ultimately a no-show).
Pelletier suffered a broken nose in the confrontation, during which the men reportedly struck and headbutted him until he was able to escape. Police chased the suspects, and witnesses say cops used a Taser to restrain one. All four were arrested on suspicion of assault; two have since been released and two were granted bail, pending further investigation. The motive for the attack has not been made public.
A source told the U.K.'s Daily Telegraph, according to WENN, "Bronson was really angry and upset. These guys were very nasty. They were so drunk, they probably didn't even realize they were picking on a Hollywood actor."
The 5'11" actor, who will soon be seen in the two-part 'Breaking Dawn' films currently in production, visited a New Zealand convention last year and told a local news outlet about his efforts to buff up, as he prepped for his debut in the franchise, 2009's 'Twilight' sequel 'New Moon': "We worked out an hour and a half each day, we were doing stuff like Muay Thai, Brazilian jujitsu, conditioning strength training -- it was pretty intense stuff."
Part 1 of 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn' opens in the U.S. in November 2011.
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Jon Hamm, star of the hit series "Mad Men", is spotted filming scenes for the upcoming season. Jon was all smiles while filming in a red, vintage Imperial convertible.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Garth Brooks may surpass Elvis Presley by releasing digital music
- Peaches Geldof died from a heroin overdose after relapse, coroner says
- Snoop Dogg: I smoked weed 'in the bathroom' at the White House
- 'Punk's Dead: SLC Punk 2' Trailer: Heroin Bob Returns From the Dead (Video)
- James Garner: A Lawyer Reflects on the Actor's Legal Legacy (Guest Column)
- Box-Office Slump: Hollywood Facing Worst Summer in Eight Years
- Batman at 75: DC Comics co-publisher discusses the Dark Knight's future
- You can't donate to Jon Stewart's CNN Kickstarter, but you can laugh at it
- Best of Late Night TV: John Stamos' New 'Manny' Service, Dwayne Johnson's Thigh Workout, Ricky Gervais' Marriage Apathy (VIDEO)
- Don't Rule Out a 'Sons of Anarchy' Prequel
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Are Making Your 'Manimal' Movie Dreams Come True