Capri Anderson's Body Language: Was She Honest About Her Night With Charlie Sheen?
By Jo Piazza Posted Nov 22nd 2010 06:40PM
Capri Anderson began making her media rounds this morning on 'Good Morning America' to tell her side of her wild evening spent with Charlie Sheen in the Plaza Hotel, where he allegedly trashed his suite during a cocaine binge. In an interview with both 'GMA' and ABC's 'Nightline,' Anderson recalls Sheen yelling racial slurs, putting his hands on her neck and throwing a lamp across the room at her.
Body language expert Patti Wood has dissected the interview Anderson gave this morning, and she believes that the former porn actress is absolutely telling the truth, according to her subconscious cues, but doesn't believe that Anderson was nearly as offended by Sheen's behavior as she purports to be. In fact, Wood thinks that a lot of what happened in the hotel room that night was pretty run of the mill to this girl. "She is telling the truth about what Sheen did," Wood said. "But she is not being totally honest when she infers how horrible it was for her."
How do we know she is being truthful? According to Wood, her posture tells us a lot. Anderson is sitting demurely and protectively. Her hands are in her lap, close to her belly and protecting her body. She tilts her head toward her lawyer in a submissive way. Her legs are bent to one side protecting her lower body.
"Everything about the way she is holding her body says demure, submissive and honest," Wood says.
Where Anderson is not being entirely honest, according to Wood, is when she explains just how offensive Sheen's behavior was to her. During the segment, she was asked whether she thought this was how Sheen usually behaved. "It's hard to say, being the first time I was hanging out with him, if that was normal or not," Anderson says.
Wood notes that Anderson's voice is raised when she says "normal" and that she smirks immediately after saying the word.
"That's what we do when we say something and we mean something else," Wood explains. "If this happened to most people, they would see it as offensive behavior, but her cues say that this wasn't something that was weird for her."
When she talks about Sheen throwing a lamp across the room, Anderson does a tongue thrust.
"This suggests to me that she was a little feistier than she is admitting to during this altercation," Wood explains.
Anderson continues by rolling her eyes upward when she is asked why she didn't call the police, as if she is searching her brain for an answer.
"She is telling the truth about what he did, but I think she was angry and much feistier when it happened than she is saying with her words," Woods sums up.
Anderson is in the process of filing a criminal complaint against Sheen.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Selena Gomez Is Caught With Her Fly Down at LAX: See the Wardrobe Malfunction!
- Top Street Artists Battle It Out in Oxygen's New Competition Series Street Art Throwdown -- Watch a Sneak Peek Here!
- Zoe Saldana, Kristen Bell Proudly Flaunt Baby Bumps On Red Carpets in Elegant Gowns: See the Glowing Stars
- Charlie Sheen: I Was Not High & I Did Not Pull A Knife On My Dentist!
- Giuliana And Bill Rancic Team Up With Nescaf
- Lecrae: I put faith in hip-hop
- 'Crotch grab challenge' starting to go viral with celebrities
- Hollywood's rush to 'the rapture'
- Adam Sandler to Make Four New Movies for Netflix, Will Produce and Star in the Feature Films
- The Royals Secrets Revealed: A Forbidden Love Triangle, a Fight for the Crown and Much More—See the Exciting Photos!
- Selena Gomez Talks About Her Transitional Year: I Don't Handle Fame as Well as People Think