Maximum Security Surrounds Bristol at 'Dancing' Tonight
By Rob Shuter Posted Nov 22nd 2010 05:27PM
'Dancing With the Stars' will be in full lock-down mode Monday night when Bristol Palin takes the dance floor after a threatening letter containing suspicious white powder was received at the production office Friday.
"Everyone is on high alert," an insider tells me. "It's like a scene from 'The Bodyguard,' with Bristol playing the leading lady."
The ABC show confirmed that measures were taken to ensure everyone's safety before it was determined that the substance was talcum powder, but would not comment on the additional measures insiders tell me will be in place for Monday's live show.
"Nowhere in the world is going to be more secure than the 'Dancing' set on Monday," an insider tells me. "The audience will all go through extreme security checks and not even the president of the United States could get backstage without the appropriate credentials that evening."
Staff at the show have never seen anything like this before, with unprecedented security costing the producers hundred of thousands of dollars.
"This is a dancing competition, for god's sake," an ABC source tells me. "None of us signed up for this. We should just be worrying about getting the best shots and making sure all our lighting cues are tight, now we are all worrying about our safety. It's just not right."
Good luck Monday, Bristol. You are showing amazing grace under pressure that no one should have to deal with.
It's a Palin Party
In this publicity image released by ABC, Bristol Palin performs during the celebrity dance competition series, "Dancing with the Stars," on Monday, Nov. 15, 2010 in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/ABC, Adam Larkey)
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.
MORE ABOUT Bristol Palin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Bristol Palin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nicki Minaj Suffers Yet Another TV Nip Slip During Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen
- The Interview's Theatrical Release Pulled: Celebrities Like Judd Apatow, Jimmy Kimmel, Rob Lowe Are Appalled -- Read Their Shocked Tweets
- Amber Portwood's Father, Shawn Portwood, Sr., Dead at 50 After Liver Surgery
- Kellie Pickler: I'm not ready to have kids
- How 'Star Wars' nearly ruined Natalie Portman's career
- Does Hollywood try to have it both ways regarding torture?
- Best of 2014: 32 Things You'll Want to Remember From the Year of Kimye, J.Law and Celebrity Booty
- Nicki Minaj Reveals Whether She'd Ever Sleep With Drake and Talks About the Biggest Dicks in Music
- Why Eddie Redmayne Had to "Take Some Time Off" After Playing Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everything