Michael Buble Warns 'Fat' Americans of Impending Canadian Takeover
By Jonathan Dekel Posted Nov 22nd 2010 04:29PM
In a scene reminiscent of Michael Moore's political satire 'Canadian Bacon,' Canadian crooner Michael Bublé has warned all Americans that his country is planning a take over of their nation.
"I've said it before and I'll say it again, but there's something happening [in Canada] that you guys don't talk about because you don't know, but I'll break it to you: While you guys are sitting, getting fat, us Canadians are ready to take over," he joked with reporters backstage at the American Music Awards. "We're plotting: We've got me, [Justin] Bieber, Celine [Dion], Alanis [Morissette] ... Nickelback is very strong, Tragically Hip and Jim Carey -- all coming for you."
"You're absolutely f---ed when we come!," he added.
Speaking on a night when Canadians took home most of the televised awards, Buble won for Favorite Adult Contemporary Artist and Justin Bieber took home four awards including Artist of the Year. The British Colombia born Buble went on to say that, while he's never met his pint-sized compatriot, he and his native land are proud of him.
As of press time neither Drake, who is currently applying for dual citizenship, nor the Barenaked Ladies were available for comment.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joey Fatone and Nick Carter are feuding
- Missy describes Uncle Si as 'tenderhearted' and 'a bit crazy'
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice discuss 'Jesus Christ Superstar'
- James Franco and other celebs who just can't stand criticism
- This Week on Stage: James Franco dishes, Audra McDonald dazzles (again)
- Is Gwen Stefani a good fit for ?The Voice'? ? POLL
- Prince Releases Surprise Single! Hear It Now
- Is Miley Too Sick to Finish Bangerz Tour? Here's the Latest?