Rachael Ray Working to Help Animal Shelters This Season
By Denise Warner Posted Nov 22nd 2010 06:00PM
"We try and remind people If you're out cooking and thinking about cookbooks, fill up your food bank. And we still send that message, but this year, we're adding on the message, please try to fill up your shelters with love and a little bit of free time," she told PopEater during a stop on her book tour for 'Look & Cook.'
"A can of food for people, a can of food for dogs," she said. "It's a nice message."
Ray has her own pet care line, Nutrish, profits from which go entirely to help no-kill animal shelters -- and it's been an important cause for the star. "It feels weird. I'm a waitress from upstate New York and I have an extraordinarily blessed life. It feels weird to go out in the world a receive a lot of love without figuring out how to make that math work out and give back."
The TV cook's tour includes pop-up adoption sites for rescue animals in every city she visits.
Ray, of course, is a pet owner herself. "I've had a pit bull breed for over 22 years now, collectively between my two animals. I do that to put the message or at least the question out that that there are no bad animals, there are bad humans that torture animals."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Carrie Underwood is Pregnant, Expecting First Child With Husband Mike Fisher!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' tops Labor Day, summer box office
- FBI, Apple begin inquiries into nude celebrity photo leaks
- Carrie Underwood announces she is pregnant with her first child
- 11 Times Lifetime's Saved By the Bell Movie Ruined Our Childhood
- Newly Single Britney Spears Ready for a "Hot Guy," Supports Jamie Lynn Spears at Los Angeles County Fair
- Morgan Stewart and Brendan Fitzpatrick Face Major Baby Drama—See the #RichKids of Beverly Hills Recap!