The Situation Calls Fame 'Very Lonely'
By Zach Dionne Posted Nov 22nd 2010 02:25PM
"The Situation," GQ senior editor Dan Fierman told PopEater a few weeks ago. "Lord knows, you can't talk about 2010 without addressing The Situation."
Fierman was speaking about the magazine's Men of the Year issue, and possibly the first piece of long-form journalism expressly devoted to figuring out the man, the myth, the legend, The Situation. Now that profile -- with staff writer Alex Pappademas pegging Sitch as "totally dedicated to the job of being a famous person" -- is on GQ.com.
The Situation on dreams: "I always had dreams, my whole life, of being somebody special. Someone out in the world that everybody knew of and everybody liked. Somebody unique. Even when I was down on my luck, in my head I still had those dreams. Sometimes in people's lives, when bad stuff happens, their dreams just die, and they end up settling. I guess that's their decision, maybe, because they didn't believe in their dreams or forgot their dreams. My dreams never died."
The Situation on life as a reality TV sensation: "The scrutiny. And the microscope. Obviously it's a blessing -- the women and the money and the fame, but at the same time it's -- it's actually very lonely. Very lonely. When you're doing so well, when you have the year that I had, it's hard to talk to people about it, because they think you're being cocky. Plus, when it comes to women, y'know, obviously, they're throwing themselves at you -- but for what reasons, you know what I mean?"
The Situation on life after 'Jersey': "I understand that there's going to be a shelf life for 'Jersey Shore.' What I'm trying to do is build a castle, so that when that shelf life falls off, I'll be able to move forward in this field in an efficient and positive way. We're fortunate enough that the business is a multimillion-dollar enterprise, but we would like to make it grow. At the end of next year, I want it to be a billion-dollar brand."
The Situation on "smushing" on-camera: "It's not easy or comfortable, knowing that people are watching you have sex. Even though you're under the covers -- it's still uncomfortable. And it's uncomfortable for the girl. You have to be so on point with your game to even get with a girl on-camera, let alone have sex. It's very hard. I tried to get away from [the cameras] at times, but they catch up with you. They'll put an extra two people on me, or they'll put the fastest person on me."
Leo DiCaprio met The Situation and reportedly said: "GTL all day, baby."
Read the full interview at GQ.com.
Mike 'The Situation'
BRICK, NJ - NOVEMBER 04: Michael "The Situation" Sorrentino promotes "Here's the Situation" at Barnes & Noble on November 4, 2010 in Brick, New Jersey. (Photo by Bobby Bank/WireImage)
MORE ABOUT Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Shia LaBeouf Discusses Friendship With Brad Pitt: "He's Like My Husband"
- Matthew Morrison Shares Beautiful Wedding Picture With New Wife "Mrs. Renee Marie Morrison"
- Misty Upham's Father Charles Slams Auburn Police: "She Could've Been Alive, We Could've Resuscitated Her"
- Monica Lewinsky Says ?I Lost My Public Self' During First Public Speaking Engagement ? ?I Fell In Love With My Boss'
- A Mother's Desperate Plea: Teresa Giudice Begs Judge To Lock Her Up In Connecticut Near Daughters, After Hiring New Lawyer
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Country music group Little Big Town put in top-notch effort on new album
- Katy Perry's Birthday Week Is Already Amazing: Singer's Dream of Getting Her Name on the Shakey's Sign Comes True!
- Kris Jenner Makes the Most of a Flattering Filter on Instagram—but What Happened to Gordon Ramsay's Face?!
- Lena Dunham Reacts to Ghostbusters 3 Rumors, Reveals Her Biggest Fear (And It's Not Being Naked)