The Situation Calls Fame 'Very Lonely'
By Zach Dionne Posted Nov 22nd 2010 02:25PM
"The Situation," GQ senior editor Dan Fierman told PopEater a few weeks ago. "Lord knows, you can't talk about 2010 without addressing The Situation."
Fierman was speaking about the magazine's Men of the Year issue, and possibly the first piece of long-form journalism expressly devoted to figuring out the man, the myth, the legend, The Situation. Now that profile -- with staff writer Alex Pappademas pegging Sitch as "totally dedicated to the job of being a famous person" -- is on GQ.com.
The Situation on dreams: "I always had dreams, my whole life, of being somebody special. Someone out in the world that everybody knew of and everybody liked. Somebody unique. Even when I was down on my luck, in my head I still had those dreams. Sometimes in people's lives, when bad stuff happens, their dreams just die, and they end up settling. I guess that's their decision, maybe, because they didn't believe in their dreams or forgot their dreams. My dreams never died."
The Situation on life as a reality TV sensation: "The scrutiny. And the microscope. Obviously it's a blessing -- the women and the money and the fame, but at the same time it's -- it's actually very lonely. Very lonely. When you're doing so well, when you have the year that I had, it's hard to talk to people about it, because they think you're being cocky. Plus, when it comes to women, y'know, obviously, they're throwing themselves at you -- but for what reasons, you know what I mean?"
The Situation on life after 'Jersey': "I understand that there's going to be a shelf life for 'Jersey Shore.' What I'm trying to do is build a castle, so that when that shelf life falls off, I'll be able to move forward in this field in an efficient and positive way. We're fortunate enough that the business is a multimillion-dollar enterprise, but we would like to make it grow. At the end of next year, I want it to be a billion-dollar brand."
The Situation on "smushing" on-camera: "It's not easy or comfortable, knowing that people are watching you have sex. Even though you're under the covers -- it's still uncomfortable. And it's uncomfortable for the girl. You have to be so on point with your game to even get with a girl on-camera, let alone have sex. It's very hard. I tried to get away from [the cameras] at times, but they catch up with you. They'll put an extra two people on me, or they'll put the fastest person on me."
Leo DiCaprio met The Situation and reportedly said: "GTL all day, baby."
Read the full interview at GQ.com.
Mike 'The Situation'
BRICK, NJ - NOVEMBER 04: Michael "The Situation" Sorrentino promotes "Here's the Situation" at Barnes & Noble on November 4, 2010 in Brick, New Jersey. (Photo by Bobby Bank/WireImage)
MORE ABOUT Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jenna Bush Hager Reveals What Daughter Mila Will Be For Halloween -- Watch!
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Spill on "Most Intense" Fifth Season: Drama, New Friendships
- Taylor Swift's 1989 Album Leaks, Fans Freak Out on Twitter But Stay Loyal to Superstar -- Read the Funny Tweets Here
- ?I'm Hurt' ? Anna Shannon Confirms She Was Victim Of Mama June's Child Molester Boyfriend, Says Relationship With Mother ?Over'
- Remains Found In Virginia Confirmed To Be Those Of Hannah Graham
- Toxic Love? Marysville School Shooter & Girlfriend Had Relationship Turmoil Before Killings ? Read The Bitter Tweets
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Sarah Hyland Talks Overcoming Adversity: People "Have to Go Through Things" to Become Who They Are
- Taylor Swift's 1989 Leaks Online—but Prepare to Face the Wrath of Her Fans If You Listen to It
- Prince Harry Steps Out With Several Lucky Ladies for Dinner—See the Pic!