Claire Robinson Preps for Thanksgiving With '5 Ingredients'
By Maggie Coughlan Posted Nov 23rd 2010 02:00PM
That's where Claire Robinson comes in. If you've ever caught an episode of '5 Ingredient Fix,' you know that Robinson likes to keep things simple.
"It's all about drinking, eating and football," Robinson says of her Thanksgiving plans.
PopEater joined forces with Robinson to make her decadent Smokey Sweet Potato Souffle. Watch the video and get the recipe after the jump!
Smokey Sweet Potato Souffle
Recipe courtesy Claire Robinson, 2010
5 pounds sweet potatoes, pricked with a knife
1 pound sliced bacon
1 chipotle in adobo, chopped, plus 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
1/4 cup Grade B maple syrup
5 eggs, separated
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: About 2 hours
Inactive prep time: None
Ease of preparation: Intermediate
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Roast the potatoes on sheet tray until fully cooked, about 1 hour. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
Meanwhile cook the bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels, reserving the rendered bacon fat. Chop bacon and set aside, reserving 1/4 cup for garnish.
Peel the sweet potatoes and mash. Add the potatoes to a large bowl. Stir in the chopped chipotle, adobe sauce, maple syrup, chopped bacon and egg yolks. Mix together until combined. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
In a separate large bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add 1/3 of whipped egg whites to sweet potato mixture and fold to create a lighter base. Fold in remaining whites until just incorporated, leaving some white streaks.
Grease a 2 quart baking dish with some of the reserved bacon fat and gently pour in sweet potato souffle mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining chopped bacon. Put the baking dish on a sheet tray and bake 40 minutes. Enjoy!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Timberlake Kisses Pregnant Jessica Biel's Bare Baby Bump on 34th Birthday: Instagram Photo
- Taylor Swift Wishes Justin Timberlake Happy Birthday, Posts Throwback Photo With Beyonce, Jay Z
- Rihanna, Kanye West, Paul McCartney to Perform at Super Bowl DirectTV Bash
- Authorities review video of Suge Knight incident
- Whitney Houston's daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, found unresponsive in tub
- Celebs and sports stars converge for pre-Super Bowl party
- Victor Cruz Reveals When He's Getting Married, Promises Giant Wedding Won't Be a "Snoozefest"
- Kim Kardashian Thinks North West May Be "Annoyed" at All Her Kisses, but What About Their Snuggle Fests?
- Birthday Boy Justin Timberlake Confirms Wife Jessica Biel Is Expecting, Shares Cutest (and Biggest) Baby Bump Photo