Angelina Jolie Refuses to Celebrate Thanksgiving, Feels It's a 'Story of Murder'
By Rob Shuter Posted Nov 24th 2010 11:30PM
While everyone is preparing to give thanks tomorrow, one of America's most famous families, the Jolie-Pitts, have decided to sit this Thanksgiving out.
"Angelina Jolie hates this holiday and wants no part in rewriting history like so many other Americans," a friend of the actress tells me. "To celebrate what the white settlers did to the native Indians, the domination of one culture over another, just isn't her style. She definitely doesn't want to teach her multi-cultural family how to celebrate a story of murder."
Angelina has been filming her directorial debut, about a Serbian man and Bosnian woman who fall in love during the Bosnian War. Angie, always extremely sensitive to the suffering throughout the world, is filming in English and the native languages.
"Angelina gets so grossed out by Thanksgiving that she has made sure her family will not be in America this year on Thursday," an insider tells me.
And although Brad Pitt recently told 'EXTRA,' "We'll whip up a turkey somewhere," he certainly hasn't shared that plan with Angelina. A family friend tells me, "If Brad wants turkey, he will have to cook it himself. For Angie, it will be another day when America tries to rewrite history."
Lighten up, dear!
Angelina and Brad arrive at the Hollywood premiere of 'Salt' at Grauman's Chinese Theater on July 19. Check out dozens more Brangelina Pics >>
MORE ABOUT Angelina Jolie
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Angelina Jolie Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Blake Shelton scores as host and musical guest on 'SNL'
- A new Miss Universe will be crowned tonight in Miami
- 'American Sniper' continues box office dominance
- The Crazy Thing Kathy Bates Did to 'Transparent' Creator's Golden Globe
- Sundance: Kevin Bacon Reacts to 'Guardians of the Galaxy's' Kevin Bacon Jokes
- Sundance: Jason Sudeikis and Alison Brie Reveal Last Meal Requests
- Inside EW's Screen Actors Guild Awards party
- ?The Lego Movie,' ?Birdman' nab Producers Guild of America Awards
- Weekend Box Office: 'American Sniper' Blows Past Competition For Second Straight Weekend
- The 10 Most WTF-Worthy Moments From 'The Boy Next Door'
- Mr. Moviefone and Charlie Mortdecai's Most Gentlemanly Twitter Spat