Joseph Gordon-Levitt Returns to Work After Brother's Death
By Zach Dionne Posted Nov 24th 2010 07:26AM
Joseph Gordon-Levitt's older brother, who went by the handle Burning Dan, died Oct. 4 at age 36. Now Joe is back at his non-Hollywood day job, hitRECord.org, thanking fans for the support and working on getting back to normal.
"To level with you, I still can't really handle the workload that I usually do, but I wanna start getting back to some projects," JGL says in a new installment of his formerly weekly 'Regularity' video series. "Been a while since I did a 'Regularity' video -- my life has been irregular. Thanks everybody for all the love and support of Burning Dan. It's meant a lot to me." See the clip after he jump.
"I'll be back to do another 'Regularity' video," Joe says in the clip. "I'm gonna get back to full regularity at some point; I just don't want to make a commitment I can't live up to right now."
The day after Dan Gordon-Levitt's tragic passing, Joe wrote: "BURNING DAN brightly embodied that bold beastly bliss sometimes referred to as 'the creative spirit.' He was my chief collaborator on the foundational incarnations of hitRECord.org over the years and continues to inspire us ever the more. He would absolutely positively insist that we not let this bad news deter us on our collective mission. That said, I might not feel up to it for a little while."
As Joe's older brother, Dan beamed over the actor's success in a PopEater interview, saying, "It's wonderful to be mistaken for him. He taught me to question the relationships other people have with their siblings because he would be my favorite person in the world even if I wasn't lucky enough to know him as my brother. He's just awesome in every way that I pay attention to. I ask myself, 'Do I love him because he's my brother or is he really that awesome?' He's really, really awesome."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'The Bachelorette' recap: Andi says 'Yes!' in dramatic season finale
- Celebs who don't dress their age
- Kiefer Sutherland's rep responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s complaints about actor
- Chinese Actress Tang Wei Marries South Korean Director
- China 3D Digital Entertainment to Open More Cinemas in Smaller Cities
- Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem Denounce Israeli 'Genocide' in Open Letter
- ?The Bachelorette' season finale: And the ?winner' is?
- ?The Hobbit' Comic-Con panel is now online: The top 5 highlights
- I'm Still Not Over? House and Cuddy's terrible relationship
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'