Joseph Gordon-Levitt Returns to Work After Brother's Death
By Zach Dionne Posted Nov 24th 2010 07:26AM
Joseph Gordon-Levitt's older brother, who went by the handle Burning Dan, died Oct. 4 at age 36. Now Joe is back at his non-Hollywood day job, hitRECord.org, thanking fans for the support and working on getting back to normal.
"To level with you, I still can't really handle the workload that I usually do, but I wanna start getting back to some projects," JGL says in a new installment of his formerly weekly 'Regularity' video series. "Been a while since I did a 'Regularity' video -- my life has been irregular. Thanks everybody for all the love and support of Burning Dan. It's meant a lot to me." See the clip after he jump.
"I'll be back to do another 'Regularity' video," Joe says in the clip. "I'm gonna get back to full regularity at some point; I just don't want to make a commitment I can't live up to right now."
The day after Dan Gordon-Levitt's tragic passing, Joe wrote: "BURNING DAN brightly embodied that bold beastly bliss sometimes referred to as 'the creative spirit.' He was my chief collaborator on the foundational incarnations of hitRECord.org over the years and continues to inspire us ever the more. He would absolutely positively insist that we not let this bad news deter us on our collective mission. That said, I might not feel up to it for a little while."
As Joe's older brother, Dan beamed over the actor's success in a PopEater interview, saying, "It's wonderful to be mistaken for him. He taught me to question the relationships other people have with their siblings because he would be my favorite person in the world even if I wasn't lucky enough to know him as my brother. He's just awesome in every way that I pay attention to. I ask myself, 'Do I love him because he's my brother or is he really that awesome?' He's really, really awesome."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Star Wars' teaser trailer premieres
- Dazzling new magic show debuts on Broadway
- Tom Hanks and wife to host National Christmas tree lighting
- Lars von Trier: "I Don't Know if I Can Make Any More Films"
- Sony Pictures Investigating Possible North Korean Link to Network Hack
- 'Prestige' Author Slams Christopher Nolan's 'Dark Knight' Trilogy As "Shallow" And "Badly Written"
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- The 35 Greatest Murder Mystery Movies Ever Made
- 'Foxcatcher' Review: You May Wrestle With It, But It's Definitely Worth Seeing
- Netflix Is Dropping These Movies From Streaming on December 1st