Joseph Gordon-Levitt Returns to Work After Brother's Death
By Zach Dionne Posted Nov 24th 2010 07:26AM
Joseph Gordon-Levitt's older brother, who went by the handle Burning Dan, died Oct. 4 at age 36. Now Joe is back at his non-Hollywood day job, hitRECord.org, thanking fans for the support and working on getting back to normal.
"To level with you, I still can't really handle the workload that I usually do, but I wanna start getting back to some projects," JGL says in a new installment of his formerly weekly 'Regularity' video series. "Been a while since I did a 'Regularity' video -- my life has been irregular. Thanks everybody for all the love and support of Burning Dan. It's meant a lot to me." See the clip after he jump.
"I'll be back to do another 'Regularity' video," Joe says in the clip. "I'm gonna get back to full regularity at some point; I just don't want to make a commitment I can't live up to right now."
The day after Dan Gordon-Levitt's tragic passing, Joe wrote: "BURNING DAN brightly embodied that bold beastly bliss sometimes referred to as 'the creative spirit.' He was my chief collaborator on the foundational incarnations of hitRECord.org over the years and continues to inspire us ever the more. He would absolutely positively insist that we not let this bad news deter us on our collective mission. That said, I might not feel up to it for a little while."
As Joe's older brother, Dan beamed over the actor's success in a PopEater interview, saying, "It's wonderful to be mistaken for him. He taught me to question the relationships other people have with their siblings because he would be my favorite person in the world even if I wasn't lucky enough to know him as my brother. He's just awesome in every way that I pay attention to. I ask myself, 'Do I love him because he's my brother or is he really that awesome?' He's really, really awesome."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ty Herndon proud to be first country artist to sing love song to another man
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Heather Graham lands new role in 'Studio City'
- Judi Dench Reveals a Director's Feedback: "You Have Every Single Thing Wrong With Your Face"
- Steve Coogan Supports $155 Million Bid for BBC's Youth Network
- Alibaba Buys $380 Million Stake in Chinese Production Firm Enlight
- Best of Late Night TV: Ansel Elgort's Embarrassing Bruce Willis Story, Norman Reedus' Best Fan-Licking Requests (VIDEO)
- Recap of Pretty Little Liars Season 5 Episode 22: To Plea or Not To Plea
- 13 Sci-Fi Movies That Redefine the Genre