Gosselin Kids 'Doing Better' After Being Expelled
By PopEater Staff Posted Nov 24th 2010 09:25AM
After two of Jon and Kate Gosselin's children were expelled from school earlier this month, sources tell RadarOnline that Collin and Alexis, both 6, are "doing a lot better." The two children are still being home schooled after being asked to leave a private school in Pennsylvania. "It seems like they are happier now that they are receiving more attention to meet their needs," the source added.
"They've fought with their peers, called them nasty names and made fun of other kids," a source close to the family told In Touch.
In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Kate spoke out about her kids. "Two of my children are being tutored at home, with a teacher who is working closely with our kindergarten teachers in school, doing the identical curriculum."
"The pressure was getting to them. You have the divorce anger mixed in with that ... The goal is to get them back into school as soon as possible," she added.
But this isn't the first time one of the Gosselins have been disciplined at school -- one of the sextuplet girls was previously suspended for hitting a classmate, the New York Post reports.
Kate has previously stated that her divorce from Jon has caused the children stress, but overall the kids (twins Cara and Mady and sextuplets Alexis, Hannah, Leah, Aaden, Collin and Joel) are handling the split as well as can be expected.
All eight children will spend Thanksgiving with Kate at the family's Pennsylvania estate. Jon and the kids will celebrate on a different day -- possibly the day after Thanksgiving.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Renewed TV Shows for the 2015-16 Season: New Girl, Game of Thrones, Arrow, and More!
- Justin Bieber Isn't Looking for a Girlfriend, Cut Out Bad Influences in Entourage
- Starbucks Is Offering Kale Smoothies, Healthy New Line of Drinks: Nutritional Details
- 'Britain's Got Talent' execs afraid of host's wardrobe malfunctions?
- Leah Remini praises Scientology documentary
- Julianne Moore reportedly dropped from Turkish tourism ad for 'poor acting'
- Should You Cut Your Hair? Consult This Cheet Sheet to Find Out
- Zoë Kravitz Opens Up About Past Struggles With Eating Disorders, Says She ''Felt Pressured'' By Fame
- Comedy Central Defends Trevor Noah After Twitter Backlash: Next Daily Show Host Is ''Provocative and Spares No One''