Black Eyed Peas To Headline Super Bowl Show
By Christine Fenno Posted Nov 28th 2010 06:26AM
Super Bowl XLV officials have confirmed that the 2011 half-time show airing live on Fox will star the 'Boom Boom Pow' singers, no strangers to getting enormous crowds onto their feet dancing. The Peas will release their sixth album, 'The Beginning,' on Nov. 30. Then they'll start rehearsing for the Super Bowl, scheduled for Feb. 7 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
"They could have picked anybody," will.i.am told Rolling Stone. "But it says something that they picked us."
The announcement of a younger-skewing group represents a departure for Super Bowl half-time choices. Ever since Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson's notorious "wardrobe malfunction" was broadcast live around the world as the unforgettable final moment in the 2004 half-time show, gun-shy producers have tapped "classic" acts like Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, Paul McCartney and Prince to provide the annual entertainment.
While touring last winter, Peas lead singer Fergie was spotted taking a break from the stage to attend Super Bowl parties in Miami. The band has been in training all year, so to speak (even facing the famously frenzied audience on a recent 'Oprah's Favorite Things' episode), and it promises be one of the most talked-about shows football fans have seen in years.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- Music News
MORE ABOUT Fergie
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Fergie Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Keira Knightley: I'm a spelling error
- Blake Shelton to make movie debut in Adam Sandler Western spoof
- Supermodel Bar Refaeli getting hitched?
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Celebrity Feud: Brandi Glanville Calls Kenya Moore ?Frightening,' Kenya Fires Back
- Extreme Beauty! Farrah Abraham Wants What Kind of Implants?
- Chris Pratt as the Next Indiana Jones? It Could Totally Work If He Wants It
- Domino's Sriracha Sadomasochistic Pizza Ad Surfaces Online, Features a Tongue Gagged and Bound in Leather Lingerie and It's Terrifying
- Keri Russell Risks Major Wipeout in the Snow While Wearing Red High Heels: See a GIF of Her Impressive Balancing Act
- Demi Lovato Lets Wilmer Valderrama, Puppy Sleep in Her Lap: "I'm the Luckiest Woman in the World"