Why Cameron Diaz and Alex Rodriguez Are Doomed
By Jo Piazza Posted Nov 29th 2010 04:00PM
Pop-Ed: Cameron Diaz and Alex Rodriguez rekindled their romance over the Thanksgiving weekend with a steamy vacation in Mexico. According to US Weekly, the pair break up and then get back together all the time. Bad idea, guys! This relationship seems toxic, especially for Cameron, who at 38 should be focusing on a serious relationship instead of a fling with a serial womanizer. Our relationship experts say there is no way this couple is going to make it in the long run.
"A-Rod is just like Tiger, Tony Parker and all those athletes who have women in abundance and they can't resist sampling all the goods," says relationship expert Cooper Lawrence, author of 'Been There, Done That, Bought the Jewelry.' "He isn't looking to settle down again, he did that already and found it was not for him. When you date A-Rod, you have to know what you are getting into or else you're an idiot. He isn't long-term material, he is arm candy for holiday parties."
Cameron hasn't had the best track record at choosing men who will make good long-term partners. She famously dated both Jared Leto and Justin Timberlake way before the pair had finished sowing their wild oats.
"Cameron isn't exactly batting a thousand when it comes to love and, of course, A-Rod is the ultimate player. These two will definitely round the bases this holiday season but it will be a short-lived, holiday 'hunk'-erdown," says Match.com relationship expert Whitney Casey.
But why bother getting together for the holidays? Shouldn't this be a season of fun, merriment and drunken hook-ups at the ICM office party? Apparently not.
"Holiday time is synonymous with lonely time. The online dating sites are seeing record membership increases right now. Fears of being alone on each important holiday, and especially for that New Year's kiss, affect even the most independent singles," says relationship expert Dr. Gilda Carle, author of '99 Prescriptions for Fidelity.' "So the Cameron/A-Rod merger is probably a good thing for them for now. But the holidays will end, A-Rod's hormones will probably reignite, Cameron will go off to do another project, and the couple will probably go the way of their past lovers. Falling in love for the holidays is equivalent to getting pregnant because you're lonely: a few months later you'll wonder, 'What was I thinking?'"
On that note, let's all say a collective prayer that Cameron and A-Rod are taking ... precautions during this holiday fling.
And maybe we're all making way too much out of two grown adults having some sexy time at the beach. Who says you have to be looking for serious love all the time anyway?
"I am not expecting any wedding bells in their future. Cameron Diaz has publicly dissed marriage and A-Rod has proven through his last marriage that he just isn't marriage material," says dating coach Tracey Steinberg. "I think this is a case of two gorgeous, rich and famous people enjoying each other for as long as the fun lasts."
MORE ABOUT Cameron Diaz
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Cameron Diaz Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Records: Jane Fonda's charity foundation hasn't made donation in 5 years
- Maxim names annual Hometown Hottie: And the winner is...
- What do Adam Levine and Wilmer Valderrama have in common? ObamaCare
- 'Scandal' Case Study: Kerry Washington on the Midseason Finale Shocker and What's Next
- 'Grey's Anatomy's' Jesse Williams Talks Jackson's Bold Move and Lessons From Mark Sloan
- 'SNL': Civil Rights Group Praises Plan to Add African-American Woman to Cast
- ?Scandal' behind the scenes: Three men and an Emmy ? VIDEO
- Hate Joffrey? Here's your chance to roast the ?Game of Thrones' king
- Throwback Thursday: What's your favorite mid-season finale of all time? ? VIDEO
- Don Cheadle Suiting Up for 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'?
- Evangeline Lilly on 'The Hobbit': I Didn't Want to Be the Jar Jar Binks of the Trilogy
- Tina Fey & Amy Poehler Cast as 'Naggy Mothers of Darth Vader' (Sort Of)