Kim Kardashian, Lady Gaga and Others Quit Twitter for a Cause
By Christo Varghese Posted Nov 29th 2010 06:15AM
Kim Kardashian, Lady Gaga and Justin Timberlake are just a few of the celebrities who have temporarily quit social networking sites to raise awareness and money for the Keep A Child Alive charity. (See the Kim K. Is 'Dead' Poster)
The celebrities are doing a "Digital Life Sacrifice," where they stop using Twitter and Facebook to raise awareness and money for the charity. They will log off and not sign back on until $1 million has been raised.
The event is organized by Alicia Keys, who is the global ambassador for the charity, and will go live on World AIDS Day, which falls annually on the first of December.
Kim Kardashian even shot a campaign for the cause. In the ad, Kardashian is lying on her back in a coffin with the tagline "Kim Kardashian is Dead."
Other celebrities taking part include Usher, Jennifer Hudson, Ryan Seacrest, Elijah Wood, Serena Williams and Keys' husband, music producer Swizz Beatz.
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Twitter
MORE ABOUT Kim Kardashian
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kim Kardashian Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Dating Laura Prepon, Rosie O'Donnell Loses 50 Pounds: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Scandal's Joe Morton Says Fans Have Prayer Groups For Character Rowan Pope, Teases His Fate and Kerry Washington's Pregnancy
- Puff Daddy Named Hip-Hop's Wealthiest Artist by Forbes With Whopping $700 Million
- ‘Teen Mom’ Kailyn Reveals Eating Disorder — Cruel Mother & Cyber Bullies Pushed Her To Dangerous Diet
- I’ll Have What She’s Having!
- ?Scandal' finale recap: Murder, betrayal and a shocking twist
- Kim Novak takes on Oscar night 'bullies'
- Glen Campbell moved to Alzheimer's facility, report says