Dr. Drew Nabs New Show on HLN
By Sarah Crow Posted Nov 29th 2010 04:19PM
Pinsky, a certified physician who came to prominence offering medical expertise on 'Loveline,' has signed on to begin hosting duties in the spring of 2011, according to CNN's Marquee Blog. His new show will hit the air soon after the premiere of the latest installment of 'Celebrity Rehab,' which stars Tiger Woods' alleged mistress Rachel Uchitel and former 'Party of Five' star Jeremy London.
HLN's executive vice president, Scot Safon, says of adding Pinsky to the HLN lineup: "Dr. Drew informs and inspires audiences on subjects that matter most to them and their families, and he is an ideal fit for the HLN network. Whether the topics are in the news or simply in the daily lives of our audience, Dr. Drew will shed light, provide crucial information and give viewers something to talk -- and think -- about."
In addition to his life on-screen, Pinsky works on staff at Pasadena's Huntington Memorial Hospital and has his own private practice. He also holds a position at USC's Keck School of Medicine, where he serves as an assistant clinical professor of psychiatry.
Despite his busy schedule, Pinsky is excited for his upcoming show, telling CNN, "I'm looking forward to becoming part of the HLN family and digging deep to bring out the stories behind the stories that people are talking about."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Art Garfunkel Slams "Idiot" Paul Simon for Quitting Simon & Garfunkel
- B.B. King's Daughters Allege He Was Poisoned
- Carrie Underwood Is "Forever Grateful to American Idol" on 10th Anniversary of Win
- Family of BB King alleges that blues legend was poisoned by manager, assistant
- Actress Anne Meara, mom of Ben Stiller, dies at 85
- 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or, top honor of Cannes Film Festival
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting Dyes Her Hair Pink...and Takes It a Step Further—See the Photos!
- Max Greenfield Joins American Horror Story: Hotel, Lady Gaga Dyes Her Hair Blond for Her Part—See Pics!
- PacSun Faces Criticism Memorial Day Weekend for Selling Controversial American Flag T-Shirt—Get the Scoop!