Alleged Tiger Woods Mistress Rachel Uchitel Struggles With 'Love Addiction'
By Zach Dionne Posted Nov 29th 2010 12:43PM
Rachel Uchitel, onetime reported mistress of both Tiger Woods and 'Bones' star David Boreanaz, is a self-described "love addict." And according to her, yes, that's a real thing.
"It is the most common addiction in the world," Uchitel tells RadarOnline.com in a new interview. "Yet it is also the addiction most commonly pushed under the rug because people don't believe it exists."
The 35-year-old former Bloomberg News producer and Las Vegas VIP hostess just left a 21-day stint on 'Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew.'
Uchitel was in treatment for "love addiction, among other things."
"This was not a show for me, this was real rehab," she says of the experience. "Now Dr. Drew and I have plans to bring awareness about love addiction."
Uchitel gets in-depth on her affliction, which she says "a lot of people" admit they struggle with. "People think it is a moral issue if somebody falls in love all over the place. It is not -- it is a disease and disorder," Uchitel says. It is where you feel like you have a hole in your heart and you are waiting for a knight in shining armor to come and save you. But it is not an excuse for anyone's behavior.
► Who Is Rachel Uchitel? A Primer to the Gal Male Stars Can't Resist
Uchitel skirted around her alleged relations with Tiger Woods' on the 'Today' show:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Coco Rocha Welcomes Baby Girl Ioni James With Husband James Conran: See First Photos!
- Tracey Ullman's Mother Doreen Skinner Dies in House Fire Caused By Cigarette
- Prince Harry Supports Ex Cressida Bonas at London Play: Details
- Raven-Symone's confusion: 'I'm from every continent in Africa'
- Leonard Nimoy's son planning documentary about his father
- World receives its first glimpse of 'Spectre,' new James Bond movie
- Don't Laugh at Death, Tell Women They're Skinny and More Advice Grace Helbig Got From Andy Cohen—See the Hilarious Clip!
- Zayn Malik Looks Glum as He Leaves House, Days After One Direction Exit—See the Photo
- Kris Jenner Calls Justin Bieber the "Best Babysitter in the World" After Singer Enjoys Pool Day With Mason Disick