Kate Gosselin: Children 'Were Not Expelled,' Family Is 'Doing Wonderfully'
By Zach Dionne Posted Dec 1st 2010 10:10AM
Kate Gosselin is taking a new tour through the press, telling PEOPLE magazine her children Alexis and Collin were not "expelled," and letting the 'Today' show know the whole family is doing "wonderfully."
"The school would never use that word," Gosselin, 35, told PEOPLE of two of her 6-year-old sextuplets supposedly being expelled. "[The school] did not feel like they could meet their needs anymore, so it was decided they should leave, for now."
Alexis and Collin now have a private tutor, but Kate says the children are facing personal problems as much as academic woes. "They've been the ones to verbalize the most that they miss Daddy. I could see that they're the ones struggling the most."
Gosselin recently told 'Entertainment Tonight' that "divorce anger" was manifesting itself in Alexis and Collin. Now she says the children are "doing much, much better" after spending time with a therapist.
"We are doing wonderfully," Kate told Meredith Viera on 'Today.' "It is so great, a year later, to feel put back together and normal. We're functioning, we're in a routine."
Kate also reiterated the expulsion rumors are false, saying Alexis and Collin were having "anger issues" and "acting out." After lifting the pressure of their advanced academic school and working with the siblings in counseling, Gosselin says much has improved. "My kids are back. They're functioning, they're happy, they're well."
In her PEOPLE interview, Kate specified the nature of two of her brood's troubles: "[Collin] was upset and saying things out of frustration – he'd crumple his papers and throw them on the floor," she says. "Alexis was angry in a different way. She didn't want to sit still. She'd get up and want to run around."
Asked on 'Today' if the holidays are a tense time between Kate and ex-husband Jon Gosselin, Kate said, "The holidays have always been something that we've worked out peacefully," Kate says. "The kids need to see both of us, if not together, on the holidays."
See the 'Today' show interview:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Jenner in Diane Sawyer Interview Teaser: "I Can't Let Myself Hurt" My Family
- Chelsea Handler Wears "Harry" Bikini Bottoms While Hanging With Harry Styles: Pic
- Jessica Biel Skips Film Premiere at Silas Theatre to Care For Baby Silas
- ACM Awards host Blake Shelton's number one job: Cheer on wife Miranda Lambert
- ACM Awards 2015: So hot or so not?
- 'Furious 7' tops box office for third straight week
- Miranda Lambert Crushes the 2015 ACM Awards Red Carpet in Cleavage-Baring Gown—See the Stunning Pic!
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: ''I Can't Let Myself Hurt'' My Family—Watch the Latest Interview Promo!
- Bobby Brown Shares Update on Bobbi Kristina Brown's Condition During Concert: She Is "Awake"