Kate Gosselin: Children 'Were Not Expelled,' Family Is 'Doing Wonderfully'
By Zach Dionne Posted Dec 1st 2010 10:10AM
Kate Gosselin is taking a new tour through the press, telling PEOPLE magazine her children Alexis and Collin were not "expelled," and letting the 'Today' show know the whole family is doing "wonderfully."
"The school would never use that word," Gosselin, 35, told PEOPLE of two of her 6-year-old sextuplets supposedly being expelled. "[The school] did not feel like they could meet their needs anymore, so it was decided they should leave, for now."
Alexis and Collin now have a private tutor, but Kate says the children are facing personal problems as much as academic woes. "They've been the ones to verbalize the most that they miss Daddy. I could see that they're the ones struggling the most."
Gosselin recently told 'Entertainment Tonight' that "divorce anger" was manifesting itself in Alexis and Collin. Now she says the children are "doing much, much better" after spending time with a therapist.
"We are doing wonderfully," Kate told Meredith Viera on 'Today.' "It is so great, a year later, to feel put back together and normal. We're functioning, we're in a routine."
Kate also reiterated the expulsion rumors are false, saying Alexis and Collin were having "anger issues" and "acting out." After lifting the pressure of their advanced academic school and working with the siblings in counseling, Gosselin says much has improved. "My kids are back. They're functioning, they're happy, they're well."
In her PEOPLE interview, Kate specified the nature of two of her brood's troubles: "[Collin] was upset and saying things out of frustration – he'd crumple his papers and throw them on the floor," she says. "Alexis was angry in a different way. She didn't want to sit still. She'd get up and want to run around."
Asked on 'Today' if the holidays are a tense time between Kate and ex-husband Jon Gosselin, Kate said, "The holidays have always been something that we've worked out peacefully," Kate says. "The kids need to see both of us, if not together, on the holidays."
See the 'Today' show interview:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Real Housewives of New Jersey Season 6 Finale Recap: Teresa vs. Teresa Showdown!
- One Tree Hill Cast Reunites; Candice Accola Marries Joe King: Top Weekend Stories
- Stanley Tucci, Felicity Blunt Expecting First Child: "It's Incredible"
- Jessa Duggar’s Future Father-In-Law Defends Her Abortion Comments, Calls Her Critics ‘Hitler’s Doppelgangers’
- Family Feud: Leah & Jeremy’s Moms Duke It Out Online!
- Dwayne Johnson Attends The Japan Premiere Of ‘Hercules’ At The Toho Cinemas
- 'Buffy' star Nicolas Brendon arrested after hotel disturbance
- 'Fury' starring Brad Pitt wins the box office weekend race
- Ice-T likens 'Law & Order' to robbing a bank
- WWE Diva Nattie Has Meltdown While Discussing Divorce With Husband TJ—See the Total Divas Recap!
- Jason Momoa's Audition Tape for Game of Thrones Is Even More Intense Than You Thought—Watch Now!
- Homeland: Why We Were Yelling Obscenities At Our TV Screens Tonight