Kate Gosselin: Children 'Were Not Expelled,' Family Is 'Doing Wonderfully'
By Zach Dionne Posted Dec 1st 2010 10:10AM
Kate Gosselin is taking a new tour through the press, telling PEOPLE magazine her children Alexis and Collin were not "expelled," and letting the 'Today' show know the whole family is doing "wonderfully."
"The school would never use that word," Gosselin, 35, told PEOPLE of two of her 6-year-old sextuplets supposedly being expelled. "[The school] did not feel like they could meet their needs anymore, so it was decided they should leave, for now."
Alexis and Collin now have a private tutor, but Kate says the children are facing personal problems as much as academic woes. "They've been the ones to verbalize the most that they miss Daddy. I could see that they're the ones struggling the most."
Gosselin recently told 'Entertainment Tonight' that "divorce anger" was manifesting itself in Alexis and Collin. Now she says the children are "doing much, much better" after spending time with a therapist.
"We are doing wonderfully," Kate told Meredith Viera on 'Today.' "It is so great, a year later, to feel put back together and normal. We're functioning, we're in a routine."
Kate also reiterated the expulsion rumors are false, saying Alexis and Collin were having "anger issues" and "acting out." After lifting the pressure of their advanced academic school and working with the siblings in counseling, Gosselin says much has improved. "My kids are back. They're functioning, they're happy, they're well."
In her PEOPLE interview, Kate specified the nature of two of her brood's troubles: "[Collin] was upset and saying things out of frustration – he'd crumple his papers and throw them on the floor," she says. "Alexis was angry in a different way. She didn't want to sit still. She'd get up and want to run around."
Asked on 'Today' if the holidays are a tense time between Kate and ex-husband Jon Gosselin, Kate said, "The holidays have always been something that we've worked out peacefully," Kate says. "The kids need to see both of us, if not together, on the holidays."
See the 'Today' show interview:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ellen DeGeneres Hilariously Spoofs Matthew McConaughey's Lincoln Car Commercial
- Mighty Ducks 20th Reunion Pictures: Grown-Up Cast Recreates the "Flying V"
- Kendall Jenner Modeled in Three More Runway Shows in Milan: See the Pictures!
- Teresa Giudice's Legal Crisis Manager Wants ?The View' To Hire Her To Revamp Show ? ?I Expect A Call,' She Says
- Pierce Brosnan A Silver Fox On The Hawaiian Shores, Celebrating His Wife Keely Shaye Smith's 51st Birthday
- ?Teen Mom 2' Star Leah Messer Breaks Down Over Heartbreaking Custody Battle With Ex Corey Simms: ?I Can't Imagine Not Being The One Taking Care Of Her!'
- Kenny Chesney shows party-time peers the way on new album, 'The Big Revival'
- Charlie Sheen wants to return to 'Two and a Half Men'
- Stars without the warpaint
- Veronica Mars, 10 Years Later: Rob Thomas on the TV Show's Heartbreaking Path, and the Two Big Decisions That Changed Everything
- Lee and Ericka's Hot The Singles Project Pool Date—Is it Love?
- Pregnant Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Grab Coffee, Visit the Dog Park and Enjoy Brunch With Pals