Dane Cook Reveals Favorite Songs for Making Out, Working Out, Road Tripping and More
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 2nd 2010 12:15PM
After you've had a laugh at what he had to say about each song and you've checked out his new release, enter to win a Seagate hard drive loaded with Cook's entire catalog of five comedy albums. To enter, follow @PopEater and retweet our announcement of the giveaway by Dec. 15. A winner will be chosen at random at the end of the contest. Read the official rules here.
Song to listen to before you go on stage?
Adelitas Way, 'Invincible'
"This is the kind of song that could get you excited even if you had the flu, pink eye and erectile dysfunction all at once."
Song you would replace your car horn with?
Drowning Pool, 'Bodies'
"Why just toot the horn when you can fracture someone's skull via guitars that sound like lightning hitting a drum kit?"
Song to polish your platinum comedy album to?
Van Halen, 'Panama'
"I also do this sitting in a field of wheat, dressed in knight's armor, as adorable kittens climb all over me. We all have lucky streak traditions."
Song to listen to when no one else can
possibly hear you listening to it?
Captain & Tennille, 'Love Will Keep Us Together'
"If the first eight notes don't make you tap a toe, I am convinced you are a terminator sent from the future and I will destroy you for all mankind's survival."
Best road trip song?
Aerosmith, 'Dude Looks Like a Lady'
"It's even better if you are driving with a really ugly girl that kinda looks like a guy. Awkward."
Song that brings back those high school memories?
The Outfield, 'Your Love'
"Ahhh, back when only getting to second base felt like today's version of finding lower auto insurance rates."
Song to get you pumped at the gym?
Theme Song From 'Rocky'
"I have to admit this song also makes me cry. Pumping iron and balling my eyes out: Bipolar never looked so jacked."
Last song you'd want to hear before you croak?
The Beatles, 'Blackbird'
"Only thing that could make this perfect is if the moment you die, when your soul leaves your body, Lennon is playing this as I arrive to heaven."
Most awkward song to hum in a public bathroom?
Michael Jackson, 'Beat It'
"If you don't get this joke, you suck and blow."
Song you're most likely to sing in the shower?
Michael Jackson, 'Beat It'
"If you don't get this joke -- aww, never mind."
Song your parents used to listen to that you
hate, hate, hate?
"Unless they were singing it from a Lamborghini with a bow on top of it."
Song to hook up to/song to impregnate someone to?
Steve Miller Band, 'Rock'n Me'
"I insist on impregnating to '70s classics ... only if you want my baby."
Your go-to karaoke tune?
Stone Temple Pilots, 'Plush'
"I've been told it's awe-inspiring. Well, like, 'Awww, he's really trying so hard to sound like he's singing.'"
Karaoke song you never want to hear again?
Young MC, 'Bust a Move'
"Unless you know all the words. If you don't know every word, I will literally throw Young MC at you."
Corniest love song that's true?
Kenny Loggins, 'Meet Me Halfway'
"It's powerful s***."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Billy Crystal to present Emmy Awards tribute to Robin Williams
- 'Teen Barbie' Lolita Richi says appearance is all natural
- Cindy Crawford pulls her kids out of school, cites concerns for their safety
- Watch Norm Lewis as Broadway's first African-American ?Phantom'
- Emma Stone to make Broadway debut in ?Cabaret'
- ?Pretty Little Liars' actors star in a short film about cults
- Celebrity Ice-Bucket Challenges: See the Most Clever One So Far!
- Report: Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson Hit a ?Rough Patch' in Their Marriage
- Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon: New Reports of Trouble in Paradise
- NFL Asking Katy Perry, Rihanna, Coldplay to Pay to Play Super Bowl Halftime: Report
- Robbie Amell, The Flash Star, Engaged to Italia Ricci: See the Proposal Picture
- Lolita Richi Is the New Teen Human Barbie: Video, Photos, and Details on the Ukrainian Wannabe Doll