Single Josh Groban: Moms Are Throwing Their Daughters at Me
By Elizabeth Townsend Posted Dec 2nd 2010 02:38PM
Groban, who has sold more than 20 million albums worldwide, wrote 11 of 13 songs on his new album, which were inspired by personal experiences. "This album's gonna get me a girlfriend," said Groban, laughing.
So, has he found Ms. Right?
Not yet, he told reporters on the red carpet at NBC's live special 'Christmas in Rockefeller Center' in New York City Tuesday night. "It really makes me sound really pathetic to say, 'I hope my record gets me a new girlfriend!'" he joked. "I think that if it allows me to travel the world and meet lots of people, that would be great."
When he does have a new lady in his life, what kind of boyfriend will he be? "Bachelor number 24387-D," he joked. "I like long walks on the beach. Playing love songs on my guitar ... No! Just kidding! This is sounding too much like a bachelor show! Actually, I play love songs on my 'Guitar Hero.' And for right now, I would be a non-existent boyfriend because I'm about to go on tour."
As for the kind of woman he's looking for, he says, "I think somebody with a good sense of humor who is interested in the world, which sounds like -- why not? But you would be surprised. I'd love to be with someone intelligent."
He's not exactly hurting for candidates, he admits. "Every mother in America winds up writing to me, whether or not the daughter is interested in me at all. I have no idea why. But I definitely get the parents trying to pawn them off on me, which is interesting."
Groban, who returned to the annual special for the second time, wowed the crowd with 'O Holy Night' and later with 'Bells of New York City,' from his new album.
Joining him on the show were Boyz II Men, Sheryl Crow, Jessica Simpson, Katherine Jenkins and Charice. Mariah Carey, Susan Boyle and Annie Lennox pre-taped their performances.
Josh Groban Snapshots
NEW YORK, NY - NOVEMBER 30: Singer Josh Groban performs on stage at the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting at Rockefeller Center on November 30, 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Neilson Barnard/Getty Images)
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- Game Of Desks Is HERE!
- Is The New 'Bachelorette' Engaged?
- NBA Star Reportedly Asks Court To Delay Divorce During Playoffs
- ?Fast & Furious 6?: That ending! THAT ENDING! (SPOILERS)
- ?Arrested Development': Five episodes to watch to get ready for Sunday
- ?Fast & Furious': 10 take-aways after an all-day franchise marathon
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1M to Oklahoma Tornado Relief
- Randy Jackson Visits Air Force Base, Debuts New Guitar Collection
- Star-Studded PSA Shines Spotlight on Global Water Crisis