Palin vs. Bush at the Bookstore
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 2nd 2010 01:01AM
"Sarah is super competitive and want's to teach those Bush's a lesson," an insider tells me. "She hates to lose and hates it when the Washington elite put her down. Which is exactly what she thinks the Bush family did to her with that nasty comment."
Sarah told talk radio host Laura Ingrahm on Nov. 24 that the Bushes are an example of the "Blue Blood who want to pick and choose their winners, instead of allowing competition to pick and choose the winners."
She should know that outselling the former president isn't going to be easy. 'Decision Points,' which looks at key moments from Bush's presidency as well as his past struggles with alcohol, has brought 43 into an elite group of former (and current) Presidents – the million book sales club.
Bush's book landed at the top the NY Times Bestsellers List and is currently ranked #1 on Amazon. Other presidents on the list include the current commander-in-chief, whose two books have sold a staggering four million-plus copies and Jimmy Carter, who with well over a dozen books has sold more than two million copies.
"Sarah's last book, 'Going Rogue,' sold as many copies as Bush's book in her first week," a industry source tells me. "Although I'm not so sure her second book will do as well. The early numbers have been good but not great."
Side note: President Obama had a book out last week as well – albeit a children's book – which sold 50,000 copies
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Duran Duran files lawsuit accusing fan club of breach of contract
- Diane Keaton and Michael Douglas bond while filming 'And So It Goes'
- CBS says new 'Late Show' host Stephen Colbert to keep show in NYC
- Ariana Grande Heartbroken Over Grandpa's Death, Sobs as Brother Frankie Grande Gets the News in Big Brother House
- Naya Rivera Secretly Married Ryan Dorsey on Her Original Wedding Date to Big Sean; Kim Kardashian Shares Sexy Bikini Picture: Top 5 Wednesday Stories
- Ian Somerhalder Tweets Girlfriend Nikki Reed While Ex Nina Dobrev Posts Cryptic Quotes on Instagram