Palin vs. Bush at the Bookstore
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 2nd 2010 01:01AM
"Sarah is super competitive and want's to teach those Bush's a lesson," an insider tells me. "She hates to lose and hates it when the Washington elite put her down. Which is exactly what she thinks the Bush family did to her with that nasty comment."
Sarah told talk radio host Laura Ingrahm on Nov. 24 that the Bushes are an example of the "Blue Blood who want to pick and choose their winners, instead of allowing competition to pick and choose the winners."
She should know that outselling the former president isn't going to be easy. 'Decision Points,' which looks at key moments from Bush's presidency as well as his past struggles with alcohol, has brought 43 into an elite group of former (and current) Presidents – the million book sales club.
Bush's book landed at the top the NY Times Bestsellers List and is currently ranked #1 on Amazon. Other presidents on the list include the current commander-in-chief, whose two books have sold a staggering four million-plus copies and Jimmy Carter, who with well over a dozen books has sold more than two million copies.
"Sarah's last book, 'Going Rogue,' sold as many copies as Bush's book in her first week," a industry source tells me. "Although I'm not so sure her second book will do as well. The early numbers have been good but not great."
Side note: President Obama had a book out last week as well – albeit a children's book – which sold 50,000 copies
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ex-Miss Nevada Katherine Reese busted again for meth possession, report says
- 'Airplane Repo' star Mike Kennedy: Community overreacting to escaped King Cobra
- Video resurfaces of Jared Fogle commenting on 'To Catch a Predator'
- Kanye West Gifts Taylor Swift With a Bouquet, But It's Nothing Compared to Kim Kardashian's: Picture
- Mindy Kaling: B.J. Novak Gives Me "an Intoxicating Feeling"
- Katie Holmes Shows Off "Artist" Suri Cruise's Sidewalk Handiwork