Sarah Jessica Parker Tells Elle, 'Oh My God, I'm Aging All the Time'
By Sarah Crow Posted Dec 2nd 2010 03:00PM
Sarah Jessica Parker's days as Carrie Bradshaw made her a household name, but the actress' roles as a wife, mother, and Chief Creative Officer (at Halston) are taking center stage these days. In the January issue of Elle, on which Parker graces the cover, the 45-year-old actress opens up about becoming a mother again in her 40s and why she's forgoing surgery in favor of letting nature take its course. "I don't know what I can do about the aging," she says. "Yes, I am aging. Oh my God, I'm aging all the time. It's like those flowers that wilt in front of you in time-lapse films. But what can I possibly do? Look like a lunatic?"
On meeting the twins after their birth:
"[Meeting them] is hard to describe. Everything is suspended. I can't even tell you what other sounds were in the room. I loved them immediately, but everything-their size, the shape of their heads, the color of their hair, their noses, their eyes-was new to me. They looked surprisingly different from James Wilkie, which I wasn't expecting."
On her reaction to being offered the position of President and Chief Creative Officer at Halston and Halston Heritage:
"I kept saying, 'You understand, by offering this you are going to be criticized?' It took me a long time to say yes."
On taking her role at Halston very seriously:
"I said, 'Please know this now: I will never do this for a title. I will never dip in and out of this. I'll do it like everything else I've ever done. I'll be involved down to the splitting of the atom.'"
On her design skills:
"I might not have the language; I can't always tell you the exact blend of a fabric, but I figure it out."
On her daughter Tabitha's style:
"She's crazy for bows; she wants her head covered in them."
► Click Here for More Photos in SJP's Elle Cover Shoot! / Vote: Best SJP Style
MORE ABOUT Sarah Jessica Parker
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Sarah Jessica Parker Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Black Friday, Cyber Monday Beauty Shopping Deals: Save Money With These Coupon Codes, Sales
- Celebrities' Thanksgiving Messages: See Photos From Taylor Swift, Beyonce
- Melissa Rivers Celebrates First Thanksgiving Without Joan Rivers, Remembers Mother in Sweet Photo
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- Funny People, Miracle on 34th Street, Grumpy Old Men and More Thanksgiving Films!
- Your Official Map of the Mall Parking Lot During Black Friday Shopping
- Our Favorite CW Ladies Reveal What They're Thankful for This Thanksgiving—Including Viola Davis' Brave Moment