Call Me, Seriously: Insider Says Hasselbeck 'Feels Used' By Palin
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 3rd 2010 08:47AM
Back in 2008, when the 'The View's' resident conservative Elisabeth Hasselbeck introduced then-VP nominee Sarah Palin at Florida political rallies, the daytime host thought it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. But alas, two years later, poor Elisabeth is left feeling used and confused now that the 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' star no longer returns her calls.
"I am more than honored to be there," Elisabeth said of being asked to introduce Palin at campaign rallies in Florida. "So, that's an honor and I'm excited to do it and I'll have some stories, I'm sure, on Monday."
Well, it turns out those "stories" didn't last very long, because after the election was over, Sarah no longer needed the 'View' star's support, so she simply moved on.
"Elisabeth feels used by the former governor," an insider with knowledge of the situation tells me. "She stood up and did everything she could to help get Sarah into the White House, expecting to have made a friend for life. Elisabeth isn't fake. You might not like her politics, but she is a very genuine person. If she likes someone, she will do whatever she can to help them."
That genuine desire to help her friend inspired Elisabeth to take a break from her home and family and hit the campaign trail, something she didn't mind one bit.
"What she does mind is the fact that now this friend no longer needs her, she doesn't even return her calls!" my source says.
Don't feel so dumped, Elisabeth -- I'm not so sure Sarah is returning her old running mate's calls either!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vanessa Hudgens Shows off her Skinny Figure, Flashes Abs in 2014 Young Hollywood Awards Outfit
- Liam Payne Shares Naked, Pixilated, Full Frontal Snap, Sends One Direction Fans into Frenzy with Cheeky Prank
- Scheana Marie Marries Michael Shay: Details on the Vanderpump Rules Star's Wedding
- Burn! Beyonce Skipped Kimye Wedding Because She ?Wasn't Going To Allow A Kardashian To Socially Climb Her,' Claims New Repor
- 'Lucy' tops 'Hercules' with $44M at the box office
- Casey Kasem's kids think wife has boyfriend in Montreal; may have dad's body there on ice
- Joan Rivers slams Selena Gomez for ?Pray for Gaza' post
- A Potential Cure on True Blood, A Family Sacrifice on Witches of East End & More OMG TV Moments
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Star Brandi Glanville Launching New Wine, Wants Your Input
- Botched Before and After: Breast Cancer Survivor, Boob Implant Headache and Much More—See the Pics!