Call Me, Seriously: Insider Says Hasselbeck 'Feels Used' By Palin
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 3rd 2010 08:47AM
Back in 2008, when the 'The View's' resident conservative Elisabeth Hasselbeck introduced then-VP nominee Sarah Palin at Florida political rallies, the daytime host thought it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. But alas, two years later, poor Elisabeth is left feeling used and confused now that the 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' star no longer returns her calls.
"I am more than honored to be there," Elisabeth said of being asked to introduce Palin at campaign rallies in Florida. "So, that's an honor and I'm excited to do it and I'll have some stories, I'm sure, on Monday."
Well, it turns out those "stories" didn't last very long, because after the election was over, Sarah no longer needed the 'View' star's support, so she simply moved on.
"Elisabeth feels used by the former governor," an insider with knowledge of the situation tells me. "She stood up and did everything she could to help get Sarah into the White House, expecting to have made a friend for life. Elisabeth isn't fake. You might not like her politics, but she is a very genuine person. If she likes someone, she will do whatever she can to help them."
That genuine desire to help her friend inspired Elisabeth to take a break from her home and family and hit the campaign trail, something she didn't mind one bit.
"What she does mind is the fact that now this friend no longer needs her, she doesn't even return her calls!" my source says.
Don't feel so dumped, Elisabeth -- I'm not so sure Sarah is returning her old running mate's calls either!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Celeb Hairstylists Share 6 Clever Tricks to Tame Frizzy Hair
- Nina Dobrev, Orlando Bloom Get Flirty on the Dance Floor at Star-Studded Comic-Con Party
- Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino Sentenced to Anger Management After Fighting With Brother Frank Sorrentino
- Radar Told You First! ?Dance Moms' Star Abby Lee Miller Admits Engagement To Michael Padula Is A Sham: ?It Was A Comfort Thing . . . I Don't Even Have A Ring'
- Piper Can Party! ?Orange Is The New Black' Actress Taylor Schilling Celebrates Her 30th Birthday With Costars At New York City Hotspot Catch Roof
- ?Ridiculous' ?RHOC' Fakers! Tamra & Eddie Judge Never Seriously Discussed Having Kids ? Despite ?RHOC' Storyline
FOX 411FEEDMore From Fox News Li
- Nina Dobrev Sparks Romance Rumors After Hanging Out With Orlando Bloom, Benjamin McKenzie and More Hunks at Comic-Con
- We Ranked The Bachelor and The Bachelorette's 18 Best Finale Dresses Ever
- Mad Max: Fury Road Trailer Debuts: Watch Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron Go to Battle In the Explosive Clip