Amber Heard Comes Out at GLAAD Awards
By Sarah Crow Posted Dec 6th 2010 11:15AM
According to RadarOnline, Heard, who stars in the upcoming film 'The Rum Diary' opposite Johnny Depp, has been dating van Ree since 2008, but first admitted to the relationship publicly on Friday night at GLAAD's 25th Anniversary party.
The 'Pineapple Express' star spoke to AfterEllen.com about her choice to go public with her sexuality, telling the site, "This is the forefront of human rights... [I]f we're too scared to come out and say who we are, we'll never get anywhere."
Heard told AfterEllen that her choice to come out with van Ree at the GLAAD event was a decision to which she had given some thought. "I think GLAAD is one of the many reasons that I, as a 24-year-old, can come out," she said. "I think that the injustice of people staying in the closet is more than I can bear with a clear conscience."
As for her choice of partner, Heard said of her artist girlfriend, "She's so beautiful. I mean, you'd have to be crazy not to want to go out with her!"
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Maria Menounos recalls 'scary' car attack incident
- 'Honey Boo Boo's' Mama June: I'm not dating child sex offender
- CBS cuts 'CSI' season short
- China's Alibaba Reportedly Eyeing 37 Percent Stake in Lionsgate
- In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'John Wick,' 'Ouija' and More
- 10 Sneaky Ways ABC Is Boosting 'World News Tonight' Ratings (Guest Column)
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys ?R' Us after ?Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- The 5 most interesting facts about ?Super Smash Bros. for Wii U'
- Best of Late Night TV: Taylor Swift's New Album and Neil Patrick Harris' Nude Scene (VIDEO)
- Hear Meryl Streep & Anna Kendrick Sing in New 'Into the Woods' Featurette (VIDEO)
- Courtney Love Books Another TV Gig, Will Recur on 'Empire'