Amber Heard Comes Out at GLAAD Awards
By Sarah Crow Posted Dec 6th 2010 11:15AM
According to RadarOnline, Heard, who stars in the upcoming film 'The Rum Diary' opposite Johnny Depp, has been dating van Ree since 2008, but first admitted to the relationship publicly on Friday night at GLAAD's 25th Anniversary party.
The 'Pineapple Express' star spoke to AfterEllen.com about her choice to go public with her sexuality, telling the site, "This is the forefront of human rights... [I]f we're too scared to come out and say who we are, we'll never get anywhere."
Heard told AfterEllen that her choice to come out with van Ree at the GLAAD event was a decision to which she had given some thought. "I think GLAAD is one of the many reasons that I, as a 24-year-old, can come out," she said. "I think that the injustice of people staying in the closet is more than I can bear with a clear conscience."
As for her choice of partner, Heard said of her artist girlfriend, "She's so beautiful. I mean, you'd have to be crazy not to want to go out with her!"
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Bieber's monkey 'Mally' to become German property
- Founding member of The Doors dies at 74, publicist says
- David Beckham announces retirement, who will take his place as sexiest athlete?
- Cannes: Euro Studios Look to Benefit From Busy London Soundstages
- Cannes: 'Nymphomaniac' Producer Reveals Graphics Are Used in 'Grounbreaking' Sex Scenes
- Cannes: Francois Ozon Says 'It's a Fantasy of Many Women to Do Prostitution' (Q&A)
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- New DVD Blu-Ray: 'Side Effects,' 'The Last Stand'
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On
- 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward