Amber Heard Comes Out at GLAAD Awards
By Sarah Crow Posted Dec 6th 2010 11:15AM
According to RadarOnline, Heard, who stars in the upcoming film 'The Rum Diary' opposite Johnny Depp, has been dating van Ree since 2008, but first admitted to the relationship publicly on Friday night at GLAAD's 25th Anniversary party.
The 'Pineapple Express' star spoke to AfterEllen.com about her choice to go public with her sexuality, telling the site, "This is the forefront of human rights... [I]f we're too scared to come out and say who we are, we'll never get anywhere."
Heard told AfterEllen that her choice to come out with van Ree at the GLAAD event was a decision to which she had given some thought. "I think GLAAD is one of the many reasons that I, as a 24-year-old, can come out," she said. "I think that the injustice of people staying in the closet is more than I can bear with a clear conscience."
As for her choice of partner, Heard said of her artist girlfriend, "She's so beautiful. I mean, you'd have to be crazy not to want to go out with her!"
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Is Kellie Pickler the best winner ever?
- Cannes Film Festival: The best and worst dressed
- Marilyn Monroe photos stolen ahead of Prague exhibition
- USA Orders Family Comedy Pilot From 'Fairly Legal' Producer
- Netflix's Ted Sarandos Reveals His 'Phase 2' for Hollywood
- TV Ratings: 'Dancing' Rises in Finale, 'Voice' Dips, 'SYTYCD' Steady With Premiere
- Gets Better Every Time: A ?Flavor of Love' song ? VIDEO
- ?Friends' reunion alert! Matthew Perry has some advice for Jennifer Aniston ? VIDEO
- Jimmy Kimmel's ?The Baby Bachelor' continues his search for true love ? VIDEO
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Premiere: Vin Diesel and Cast Celebrate In L.A. (PHOTOS)
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS)
- Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller