Bristol Palin: 'My Mom Did Not Force Me to Go on 'DWTS''
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 6th 2010 08:47AM
Bristol Palin is firing back at Margaret Cho, after the comedienne and fellow 'Dancing With the Stars' contestant claimed Sarah Palin made her daughter appear on the show.
"I will give my friend credit for creativity, and extra points for getting so many 'facts' wrong in so few sentences," Bristol wrote on her Facebook page.
"Let me be blunt: my mom did not 'force' me to go on 'DWTS.' She did not ask me either. The show approached me. I thought about it. I made the decision," she continued.
"It saddens me that people would think that my mom would 'blame' me for anything that occurred in the 2008 election--much less 'harshly" and "openly.' I think that canard (there, I said it again), has been floating around since then also," she added.
Bristol decided to speak up because she wants to defend her mother.
"Why do I want to set the record straight? Because it is this type of hurtful and false narrative that people promote to make my mom look bad. For 20 years my mom had my back--and for the rest of my life I will have hers."
The teen mom also invited Cho to speak to her directly. "If you ever have a question, call me girlfriend. Don't ever rely on "sources" who claim to know me or my family. You will be taken every time."
Palin even took a shot at Margaret's politics. "If you understood that commonsense conservative values supports the right of individuals like you, like all of us, to live our lives with less government interference and more independence, you would embrace us faster than KD Lang at an Indigo Girls concert."
The comedienne responded to Bristol's remarks on her Twitter account. "The only reason Bristol is so freaked out and everyone is asking me to retract what I said is because they know its true."
On Nov. 29, Cho blogged about a rumor that Palin's daughter was only competing in the reality TV dance competition because her mom pushed her into it so she could score political points for a possible White House run.
"Sarah supposedly blames Bristol harshly and openly (in the circles that I heard it from) for not winning the  election, and so she told Bristol she 'owed' it to her to do 'DWTS' so that 'America would fall in love with her again' and make it possible for Sarah Palin to run in 2012 with America behind her all the way," Cho wrote.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Jaden Smith and David Arquette attend Jake T. Austin's birthday party at Arquette And Beachers Madhouse on December 4th in Hollywood.
Charley Gallay, WireImage
Charley Gallay, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mila Kunis Shows Off Growing Baby Bump, Kourtney Kardashian Wears Bootylicious Swimsuit: Top Stories
- Matt Bomer Reveals He Married Partner Simon Halls Three Years Ago
- Meryl Streep: I Thought I Was Too Ugly to Be an Actress
- True Tori: Spelling Recalls The Moment When Husband Dean McDermott Lied To Her In Denying Affair: ?I Noticed His Right Eyebrow Shaking'
- 'Bettie Page Reveals All' heads to DVD
- Editor says Gabriel Garcia Marquez left unpublished manuscript
- Letterman welcomes successor Colbert for first time since announcing retirement
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn Lowry Talks Living in a Homeless Shelter: "I Didn't Want My Son to Be Taken Away From Me"
- Glee's Touching Tribute to Cory Monteith, Death and Deception on Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. and More OMG TV Moments!
- Chef Candice Kumai's Favorite Healthy Juice & Smoothie Recipes for Earth Day