Bristol Palin: 'My Mom Did Not Force Me to Go on 'DWTS''
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 6th 2010 08:47AM
Bristol Palin is firing back at Margaret Cho, after the comedienne and fellow 'Dancing With the Stars' contestant claimed Sarah Palin made her daughter appear on the show.
"I will give my friend credit for creativity, and extra points for getting so many 'facts' wrong in so few sentences," Bristol wrote on her Facebook page.
"Let me be blunt: my mom did not 'force' me to go on 'DWTS.' She did not ask me either. The show approached me. I thought about it. I made the decision," she continued.
"It saddens me that people would think that my mom would 'blame' me for anything that occurred in the 2008 election--much less 'harshly" and "openly.' I think that canard (there, I said it again), has been floating around since then also," she added.
Bristol decided to speak up because she wants to defend her mother.
"Why do I want to set the record straight? Because it is this type of hurtful and false narrative that people promote to make my mom look bad. For 20 years my mom had my back--and for the rest of my life I will have hers."
The teen mom also invited Cho to speak to her directly. "If you ever have a question, call me girlfriend. Don't ever rely on "sources" who claim to know me or my family. You will be taken every time."
Palin even took a shot at Margaret's politics. "If you understood that commonsense conservative values supports the right of individuals like you, like all of us, to live our lives with less government interference and more independence, you would embrace us faster than KD Lang at an Indigo Girls concert."
The comedienne responded to Bristol's remarks on her Twitter account. "The only reason Bristol is so freaked out and everyone is asking me to retract what I said is because they know its true."
On Nov. 29, Cho blogged about a rumor that Palin's daughter was only competing in the reality TV dance competition because her mom pushed her into it so she could score political points for a possible White House run.
"Sarah supposedly blames Bristol harshly and openly (in the circles that I heard it from) for not winning the  election, and so she told Bristol she 'owed' it to her to do 'DWTS' so that 'America would fall in love with her again' and make it possible for Sarah Palin to run in 2012 with America behind her all the way," Cho wrote.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Jaden Smith and David Arquette attend Jake T. Austin's birthday party at Arquette And Beachers Madhouse on December 4th in Hollywood.
Charley Gallay, WireImage
Charley Gallay, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ariana Grande's Brother, Frankie J., Hits AMAs Red Carpet Without a Real Shirt: See His Painted-On Outfit!
- New York Times Issues a Correction After Misquoting Kanye West in Satirical Column
- Orlando Bloom Goes Shirtless, Wears Fake Tattoos for Sexy Unlocked Movie Shoot: Photo
- The Best, Worst & Wackiest Dressed Stars At The 2014 American Music Awards
- Scott Parties While Pregnant Kourtney Posts About ‘Choices’ On Instagram
- Miley Looks Like A Muppet At Her Raunchy Birthday Celebration
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Robin Williams' son remembers his dad and Christopher Reeve's friendship
- Nick Jonas Reveals What His Dad Thought of the Sexy Crotch-Grabbing Flaunt Shoot (and It's Hilarious!)
- One Direction Guys Get ''Sensual'' on the AMAs Red Carpet! Watch the Singers Get Handsy
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Side-Boob, Lots of Leg in See-Through, Slit-to-There Dress—See the Pic!