David Hasselhoff Moving to London to Replace Simon on 'Britain's Got Talent'
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 6th 2010 10:50AM
You better get all those David Hasselhoff jokes out of your system ASAP, because we won't have the burly-chested Hoff around much longer. The 'Baywatch' actor is packing his bags and leaving America in a move to London to replace Simon Cowell as head judge in 'Britain's Got Talent,' well-placed sources confirm.
"David is super excited about the move," an insider tells me. "He's in London over the holidays going theater and looking at apartments for when he moves full-time early next year."
Britain has always loved David and was the first country to embrace 'Baywatch' in syndication after it was canceled in America. Plus, returning to the judges table is great for David because it will finally put to rest those ugly rumors that Simon fired him from 'America's Got Talent' and replaced him with Howie Mandel.
In fact, Simon had nothing to do with The Hoff's departure from 'AGT' but felt he would be an ideal replacement on the British version of his hit show.
"It's a brand-new start for David and he couldn't be more exited," a close friend of the actor tells me. "His new reality show on A&E is bound to be a hit and now he is returning to TV in the show that found Susan Boyle. What could be bigger than that?"
We will miss you David! No one is willing to make fun of themselves more than you. Plus, we still have Michael Bolton for a giggle while you're gone.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas Walk First Red Carpet Together Since Separating in August 2013
- Prince William Remembers Princess Diana in Australia as His Son George Channels His Baby Romper Look
- Tori Spelling Opens Up About Dean McDermott's Cheating Confession in First Post-Scandal Interview
- Lock ?Em Up! Joe Giudice's Former Business Partner Says ?A Few Years In Jail Is Not Enough' For ?RHONJ’ Star & Wife Teresa
- Sugar & Spice! Ashton Kutcher & Mila Kunis Are Expecting A Baby Girl
- Theresa Vail: From Army to Miss America to the Outdoor Channel
- Brian Johnson: Reports of AC/DC's death greatly exaggerated
- Co-eds doing porn to pay for school: Is Belle Knox a bellwether?
- Marlon Wayans Jokes About Humping Inanimate Objects on Chelsea Lately—Watch Now!
- Grey's Anatomy Sneak Peek: Who Will Carry the Calzona Baby?! Watch and Find Out
- Elizabeth Olsen "Terrified" of Spilling Avengers: Age of Ultron Secrets, Slightly Intimidated by Cast