David Hasselhoff Moving to London to Replace Simon on 'Britain's Got Talent'
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 6th 2010 10:50AM
You better get all those David Hasselhoff jokes out of your system ASAP, because we won't have the burly-chested Hoff around much longer. The 'Baywatch' actor is packing his bags and leaving America in a move to London to replace Simon Cowell as head judge in 'Britain's Got Talent,' well-placed sources confirm.
"David is super excited about the move," an insider tells me. "He's in London over the holidays going theater and looking at apartments for when he moves full-time early next year."
Britain has always loved David and was the first country to embrace 'Baywatch' in syndication after it was canceled in America. Plus, returning to the judges table is great for David because it will finally put to rest those ugly rumors that Simon fired him from 'America's Got Talent' and replaced him with Howie Mandel.
In fact, Simon had nothing to do with The Hoff's departure from 'AGT' but felt he would be an ideal replacement on the British version of his hit show.
"It's a brand-new start for David and he couldn't be more exited," a close friend of the actor tells me. "His new reality show on A&E is bound to be a hit and now he is returning to TV in the show that found Susan Boyle. What could be bigger than that?"
We will miss you David! No one is willing to make fun of themselves more than you. Plus, we still have Michael Bolton for a giggle while you're gone.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon Living Apart, Marriage on the Rocks; How Ciara Discovered Future Was Cheating: Top 5 Stories
- Iggy Azalea Announced As Headliner at the SLS Las Vegas Grand Opening Party
- Kristen Stewart, Nicholas Hoult Complete ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With "Dirty Bath Water"
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- 'Scooby-Doo's' Daphne goes from size 2 to size 8
- Former 'Jeopardy' contestant indicted for assaulting legislator's wife
- Robin Williams' ashes reportedly scattered in San Francisco Bay last week