Kevin Smith Encounters Flight Troubles on Virgin America
By Sarah Crow Posted Dec 7th 2010 02:15PM
The Huffington Post reports that Smith was kept from boarding a Virgin America flight with his wife, Jennifer, and 'Jay and Silent Strike Back' co-star Jason Mewes. Allegedly, the trouble started when the trio arrived at the gate less than ten minutes before the plane was scheduled for departure, which was deemed too late to board by airline personnel.
Smith took to his website, Silent Bob Speaks, to express his disappointment with Virgin's customer service. Smith wrote, "We pleaded with Manny (the unfriendly face of Virgin America JFK working the gate), pointing out the remaining time (there were still 8 minutes before scheduled departure), and pointing out that the jetway was still attached to the plane."
Smith went on to explain his frustration about being kept off the plane particularly because he had employed the services of a personal concierge whose job it was to ensure Smith and his party boarded on time. "He said he'd called for us over the p.a. system, but my wife's name is SCHWALBACH-you say a name THAT distinctive over a loudspeaker, at least two people in an airport are gonna turn their heads: me & Jen Schwalbach," Smith wrote. "Well, without calling anybody a liar, it's just REALLY hard to believe that p.a. call was actually made."
Smith voiced particular concern over the fact that while he and his wife were kept at the airport, their bags, which contained his wife's medicine, were on the plane. Despite explaining this to airline employees and requesting that their bags be removed, Smith's request fell on deaf ears.
However, before Smith's flight had even landed, Virgin officials refunded Smith's money and gave him free tickets for his troubles.
Earlier this year, Smith was famously booted from a Southwest Airlines flight after airline officials deemed him too fat to fly, prompting Smith to launch a Twitter tirade against the airline company. While Southwest tried to make good with Smith, the damage was already done. "F--- your apologetic $100 voucher," he tweeted to Southwest air after the ordeal. "Southwest still stands alone as Worst in Customer Service in my book," he said.
As for his future travels, Smith had the following to say: "Dear @VirginAmerica, Your in-flight WiFi ROCKS; your JFKterminal4Gate25 desk agents DO NOT. G'bye forever."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Melissa McCarthy to launch clothing line for all sizes
- Ariana Grande responds to Bette Midler: 'Always a fan no matter what'
- 8 things you didn't know about Miranda Lambert
- Emily Blunt: I Saved Meryl Streep's Life During 'Into the Woods' Shoot
- Johnny Depp on Career Expectations: I've Learned to "Not Give a F?"
- ?Theory of Everything' to Open Dubai Film Festival
- The best Black Friday deals for videogames, movies, more
- Jim Parsons talks theater and the ?charming' ?Merton of the Movies'
- Best of Late Night TV: Evangeline Lilly's Odd Costume, Pregnant Emily Blunt Saved Meryl Streep's Life (VIDEO)
- 'Frozen' Continues World Domination, Beats Barbie in Toy Sales
- George Eads, Last Original 'CSI' Cast Member, to Leave Show