Lance Bass Poses With His Dogs for PETA
By Zach Dionne Posted Dec 7th 2010 09:54AM
Lance Bass has joined the ranks of celebrities teaming with PETA, posing with his rescue dogs Dingo and Foster. The new campaign encourages prospective pet owners to always consider adoption over purchasing animals.
Bass tells PETA, "The most loyal, loving pets definitely come from the pound, because I think they know where they come from. I think they started with a rough life, being sent out, not being loved and wanted, and I think they really know that and it stays with them the rest of their life." Bass adopted his pups seven years ago.
"You know when I was a kid watching 'Price Is Right,' I would always hear Bob [Barker] say, 'Help control the pet population: Get your dogs spayed or neutered,'" Bass says. "People are not spaying and neutering like they should be, and there's just so many dogs that really need a loving home."
According to PETA, roughly 8 million dogs and cats annually enter animal shelters in the US .
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals made news yesterday by condemning an episode of 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' where Palin shot a caribou. "Sarah seems to think that resorting to violence and blood and guts may lure people into watching her boring show. But the ratings remain as dead as the poor animals she shoots," the statement read.
Celebs Pose for PETA
Bethenny Frankel poses for PETA.
Celebs Pose for PETA
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- UC Berkeley overrides student group, re-invites Bill Maher to speak
- Stars' sneaky skin-showing tricks
- Jennifer Lopez: I felt 'abused' in past relationships
- Where's the Craziest Place Jordana Brewster Had Sex?
- Ashton Kutcher Explains How He and Mila Kunis Decided on Daughter's Name
- Dina Manzo Has Never Met Autistic Nephew, Still Estranged from Sister Caroline: Real Housewives of New Jersey Reunion Preview
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Comes Out Publicly in Powerful Essay: "I'm Proud to Be Gay"
- Ashton Kutcher Talks Being a "Hero" to Baby Wyatt, Parenting With Mila Kunis