MPAA Overturns NC-17 Rating of 'Blue Valentine'
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 8th 2010 04:35PM
According to Deadline, producer Harvey Weinstein personally argued in front of the ratings board today to achieve the more theater and Oscar-friendly rating.
The film, about a couple who fall in love who then have their relationship slowly disintegrate, features a scene between stars Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams, where Gosling's character performs oral sex on Williams, which was believed to be the reason the movie earned the original NC-17.
Many were quick to point out the hypocrisy of the rating because 'Black Swan,' which has a similar scene between Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis, only received an R.
'Blue Valentine' director Derek Cianfrance criticized the MPAA for its first ruling. "The essence of our film is that it's intimate and emotional and the sex doesn't feel fake. It's an honest relationship between two people, and it feels real because I have great actors," Cianfrance told the Los Angeles Times. "It's as if the MPAA is saying, 'Your actors are good -- but they're too good.'"
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
FOX 411FEEDMore From Fox News Li
- Top 10 Channing Tatum Dancing GIFs in Honor of 'Magic Mike XXL'
- Panama Drops Out of Donald Trump's Miss Universe Pageant
- Jane Fonda Blasts President Obama for Allowing Shell to Restart Arctic Drilling
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- 9 Reasons Why 'Independence Day' Is Still Cool As Sh--
- 'Victor Frankenstein' First Photo Shows James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe in Peril
- Conan O'Brien Crashed a 'Magic Mike XXL' Girls Night - and It Was Glorious