'Mythbusters' Host Talks Tonight's Episode With President Barack Obama
By Max Orenstein Posted Dec 8th 2010 02:11PM
Hyneman tells PopEater that the one myth they'd love to try and debunk is to see whether the explosions, fire balls and loud noises that happen in science fiction movies in outer space can actually happen.
"I don't know what that would actually be like, and we're probably a long way from finding out," Hyneman said.
There are only two ways to prove it, he said. Either take a trip to the International Space Station and set off some kind of explosion, "which is highly unlikely we'll be allowed to do," or build some sort of earth-bound vacuum chamber and set off an explosion inside of it, which will likely destroy the vacuum.
In tonight's episode, Obama challenges the show's hosts to reexamine their previous attempt at busting the ancient myth that Greek scientist Archimedes polished soldier's shields and used them to reflect the sun's rays to set fire on a fleet of invading Roman ships.
Despite the president's cameo and all of the attention surrounding his appearance on tonight's episode, Hyneman said that it will be pretty similar to all other 'Mythbusters' episodes.
"Actually we made a point of not doing anything unusual," he said. "It was the preference of the White House to treat this like a normal episode."
Hyneman said that there really isn't any other celebrity or world leader he wishes could appear on an episode besides Obama.
"Politics aside, I think of anybody that I can actually relate to, the president is on the top of my list," Hyneman said. "What he's trying to do for this country, I'm just amazed. I think very highly of his efforts."
Tonight's episode, 'President's Challenge,' will air at 9 PM EST on the Discovery Channel.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Katie Hopkins Takes Kelly Clarkson Fat-Shaming Comments Even Further, Calls Singer a "Chunky Monkey": Watch
- Kody Brown, Sister Wives Open Up to Oprah: Where Are They Now? Cameras About Bigamy Arrest Fears: Watch the Video
- This Kid's Epic Bar Mitzvah Video Invitation (Pharrell and Lorde Impressions Included!) Wins the Internet
- Ronda Rousey breaks impudent MMA TV host's ribs
- Harrison Ford crash: NTSB investigator says anytime a person survives an airplane crash is 'a good day'
- Kim Kardashian says she has sex with Kanye West '500 times a day'