Wesley Snipes Weighs Options: 'Don't Send Me Up the River, Yet'
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 8th 2010 06:24AM
"We still have prayers out there, Larry, and we believe in miracles. Don't send me up the river, yet," he said on 'Larry King Live.'
Snipes said he relied on the advice of tax professionals and doesn't believe he deserves such a stiff sentence for failing to pay taxes. He also argued that his case was misrepresented in the media.
"Any man would be nervous if his liberty was at stake," Snipes told King when asked about going to jail. "Right now, I'm more upset and disappointed that the system seems to not be working for me."
Snipes didn't play the blame game with his financial team, but claimed that he wrongly relied on their advice for his affairs.
The 48-year-old 'White Men Can't Jump' star was convicted in 2008 in a Florida court on three misdemeanor counts of willful failure to file income tax returns.
Prosecutors in Snipes' case argued that the actor had not paid any taxes on the reported $38 million he earned since 1999. Although the star was acquitted of more serious felony charges, a Florida judge has ordered Snipes to begin serving his three-year sentence for his 2008 tax conviction.
Snipes is scheduled to serve his time at a federal prison in Pennsylvania.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ricky Skaggs supportive of gay country singers coming out
- Ex-model says Cosby hid behind image of Cliff Huxtable
- 'Today' show looking to bounce back after tough week
- Carol Leifer to Host IDA Documentary Awards
- NBC Developing Comedy '#Winning'
- Mike Nichols Remembered: Emma Thompson, Rita Moreno on Working With the Director
- This week's cover: Angelina Jolie and Jack O'Connell in ?Unbroken'
- John Oliver thinks the president's pardoned turkey has no case
- Waka Flocka Flame shills throat drops because he's Waka Flocka Flame
- Disney's 'Cinderella' Exhibit: Kenneth Branagh Movie Promises to Dazzle (PHOTOS)
- ?Box Office: Why Did 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Have the Weakest Opening of the Franchise?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5, Episode 7 Recap: You're Not Holding it Right