Charlotte Church Plays First U.S. Gig After Eight Years
By Amber James Posted Dec 9th 2010 01:30PM
Crowds would never know the last minute performance was put together in two days, and she'd only done a sound check a few hours prior.
"We didn't rehearse much, but f*** it," Church told the crowd.
Although Church has put her classical career on hold, her upbeat pop songs still showcased her enchanting voice, as she performed seven tracks including:
Church, 24, has sold more than 11,000,000 albums worldwide, but her career had taken a backseat as the media devoted endless stories about her tepid relationship with now ex-boyfriend Gavin Henson, a Welsh rugby union player. The couple have two children together, Ruby, 3, and Dexter, 1, but split in May.Only Bruises
Story of Us
Don't Think About It
"I wanted people to focus on my music, but things haven't turned out that way. I've become a soap star. It's not what I wanted, but I have to get on with it," Church recently told UK's Daily Mail.
She is now dating Powell, whom she worked with on her latest album 'Back To Scratch' -- her first album in five years. Throughout the set, the pair smiled and joked between themselves, showing they're clearly in love.
She ended her performance with one of the first classical numbers she ever performed, 'Pie Jesu.' Only one note in, her voice shook the room, and the tabloid fodder dissolved.
Church is back and ready to prove she's here's to stay.
Charlotte Church poses for a photo at The Eldridge on December 8, 2010 in New York City. More photos >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- Ubisoft apologizes for ?Assassin's Creed: Unity' issues
- ?Thomas Was Alone' is now on almost every device. You should play it.
- New Details: How Bill Cosby's Wife Is Handling the Rape Allegations Against Her Husband
- Pic! Mila Kunis Shows Off Body After Baby
- '19 Kids and Counting' Music Video! See Which Duggar Can Sing
- Johnny Depp "Doesn't Give a F--k" About Recent Movie Flops, Says It's "Total Liberation"
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Son Chet Reveals He Is 50 Days Sober After Battling Cocaine Addiction: Read His Message
- Diddy Misses Former Fling Cameron Diaz, Thinks She's the "Sexiest Girl in the World": Details!