Kardashian Fashion Empire in Crisis
By Tracey Harrington McCoy Posted Dec 9th 2010 09:45PM
First, UsMagazine.com reports that the Kim, Khloe and Kourtney's collaboration with clothing line Bebe is coming to an end.
"We are very pleased with the performance of the 'Kardashians for bebe' apparel collection and have immensely enjoyed our design collaboration with Kim, Khloe and Kourtney. They are terrific brand ambassadors and resonate really well with our clients," an official statement from Bebe said.
"Our original ready to wear agreement with the Kardashians began last February and will conclude with the upcoming Resort Delivery," it continued.
The statement came just says after Bebe president, Emilia Fabricant, gave an interview to WWD where she admitted to rethinking the partnership. "The sisters do still have relevance. We need to move with fashion and we want to be first in the fashion world with everybody else and not fall behind. We are definitely assessing the situation," Fabricant said.
In addition to the Bebe situation, a column in Thursday's New York Times gave a scathing review of the Kardashian sister's NYC boutique, Dash.
"Dash is a fashion desert, just oodles of drippy cowl necks and embellished cap sleeves and synthetic fibers," the story reported. "Clothes are essentially split into two categories of fit: vacuum-sealed and hot-air balloon."
"As in most theme parks, there wasn't anything worth carrying away but memories." Times writer Jon Caramanica concluded.
The sisters have yet to comment on the Bebe partnership or the Times article.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- RHONY Recap: Bethenny Frankel Battles Ramona Singer Over "Stolen" Dress at Sonja Morgan's Fashion Show
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Alison Falls Into Charles' Clutches on Prom Night
- Shonda Rhimes Explains Why Derek Had to Die on Grey's Anatomy
- FOX411's star snaps of the day
- Khloe Kardashian flaunts her 'revenge' body on Women's Health
- Celebrity trout pouts
- Ansel Elgort Covers Teen Vogue, Reveals Why He Cried During One of The Greatest Days of His Life
- Raven-Symoné Hosts Epic That's So Raven Reunion at The View, Teases Exciting Project With the Disney Cast
- Check Out Giuliana Rancic's Biggest E! News Moments Over the Years, Plus a Mash-Up of Her Signature Faces!