Who Made Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating People List?
By Sarah Crow Posted Dec 10th 2010 01:43PM
Walter's 2010 list included the people who wowed the world this year, from princess-to-be Kate Middleton to octogenarian actress Betty White, making sure to leave a little room for the big muscles and even bigger hair of the 'Jersey Shore' cast.
However, the most fascinating individual of 2010 isn't a TV star or other celebrity, he's none other than General David Petraeus, lead commander of our America's war overseas. As reported by PEOPLE, Walters commended Petraeus' benevolence toward the citizens of Afghanistan.
"In life, it seems, there are people who break things and people who fix them," Walters said of Petraeus. "This man is a fixer."
Check out the full list of 2010's most fascinating people after the jump!
2. Sandra Bullock
Bullock had a remarkable and tumultuous year, beginning with her Oscar win for her performance in 'The Blind Side.' The actress became tabloid fodder when news of her husband's infidelity broke, but Bullock ended the year on a strong note, becoming a mother to son Louis in April.
3. Justin Bieber
The Canadian heartthrob's charisma is strong enough to make even Barbara a belieber! Bieber has had a wild ride to success, beginning with YouTube stardom with no end in sight.
4. Sarah Palin
Palin has been a media darling since her unsuccessful run for vice president alongside John McCain, but 2010 has truly been the year of the whole Palin clan. Palin's eldest daughter, Bristol, had a successful run on 'Dancing With the Stars,' while Mama Grizzly nabbed her own show, 'Sarah Palin's Alaska,' on TLC.
5. LeBron James
The basketball champ made waves in the sporting world when he left the Cleveland Cavaliers for the Miami Heat, leaving one-time fans sipping hatorade.
6. Jennifer Lopez
The actress, singer, and mother, has added yet another title to her already impressive resume this year since signing on as the latest judge on 'American Idol.'
7. The 'Jersey Shore' Cast
Pickles, punching, and of course, GTL , launched seven unknown twenty-somethings into the public discourse, with each cast member's star continuing to rise following the launch of the second season in 2010.
8. Betty White
Don't call it a comeback! After legions of fans petitioned on Facebook to have Betty White host 'Saturday Night Live' earlier this year, the 88-year-old actress has found success in film, on television, guest-starring on NBC hits '30 Rock' and 'Community,' and even winning an Emmy for her hosting duties on 'SNL.'
9. Kate Middleton
The British beauty, nicknamed "waity Katie" by the press for her lengthy relationship with Prince William, finally became engaged to her beloved in 2010, landing her in line to one day become queen.
10. Mark Zuckerberg
Zuckerberg may have started out as a Harvard dropout with a dream, but the Facebook co-founder has since revolutionized the way hundreds of millions of individuals communicate worldwide, raking in billions of dollars in the process.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin Celebrate Second Wedding Bash: Details
- Mama June's Daughter Anna Cardwell Claims She Was Molested By Mother's Boyfriend
- Diddy as Prince, Ellen as Nicki! See Celebs Dressed as Other Stars For Halloween
- Jake Steinfeld Joins Governors Across The Country To Open Live Positively Fitness Centers
- More Problems For Leah Messer! ‘Teen Mom 2′ Star & Husband Jeremy Calvert Hit With A $10K Tax Lien
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Katy Perry Turns 30 Today! Celebrate the Singer's Birthday by Looking Back at Her Hair Changes Through the Years
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine