Injury Forces Dick Van Dyke to Scrap One-Man Show
By John Mitchell Posted Dec 10th 2010 06:50AM
A publicist for the Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles said on Thursday that Van Dyke has been bothered by his Achilles tendon and will have to drop out of the upcoming run of 'Dick Van Dyke -- Step in Time: A Musical Memoir.'
Van Dyke, who turns 85 on Monday, said his injuries are sadly forcing him to stay off his feet for a while. "Perhaps there will be an opportunity to revisit this sometime in the future, but in the meantime, I thank everyone for their understanding and support," he said.
The show, described by producers as "a living autobiography pulling stories and songs from Van Dyke's celebrated career," was scheduled to run through Jan. 16.
The actor is best known for the groundbreaking sitcom 'The Dick Van Dyke Show,' his whimsical performance as a chimney sweep in 'Mary Poppins' and hit films like 'Bye Bye Birdie' and 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.' Van Dyke has won a Tony and five Emmys.
Watch Rehearsal Footage From the Show:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lauren Conrad, William Tell Look Perfect In First Wedding Photo; Avril Lavigne, Chad Kroeger Headed For a Split
- Joe Manganiello Is Ridiculously Buff -- See His Impressive Gym Picture!
- Gerard Depardieu Says He Drinks Up To 14 Bottles of Wine a Day!
- Inside Jenelle Evans’ Major Delivery Room Drama
- Kim Zolciak Shows Off The Results Of Her Boob Job And Tummy Tuck
- Oscar-Worthy Actresses! Rosie O'Donnell And Whoopi Goldberg Given ?Lecture’ To Act Like ?Best Friends' On ?The View' PLUS Another Whoopi Slip Of The Tongue ?Pisses Off' ABC Execs
- Alanis Morissette said fame caused her to have PTSD
- Liza Minnelli recovering after surgery
- 'Fight Church:' Does modern Christianity feminize guys?
- Ashlee Simpson Spends Some Quality Time With Hubby Evan Ross' Family—Take a Look!
- Sharon Osbourne Drops Stunning Confession: I Once Slit My Wrists to Prove My Love for Ozzy Osbourne
- Iggy Azalea Sues Ex-Boyfriend for Releasing Early Music and Stealing Contents of Her Computer