Injury Forces Dick Van Dyke to Scrap One-Man Show
By John Mitchell Posted Dec 10th 2010 06:50AM
A publicist for the Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles said on Thursday that Van Dyke has been bothered by his Achilles tendon and will have to drop out of the upcoming run of 'Dick Van Dyke -- Step in Time: A Musical Memoir.'
Van Dyke, who turns 85 on Monday, said his injuries are sadly forcing him to stay off his feet for a while. "Perhaps there will be an opportunity to revisit this sometime in the future, but in the meantime, I thank everyone for their understanding and support," he said.
The show, described by producers as "a living autobiography pulling stories and songs from Van Dyke's celebrated career," was scheduled to run through Jan. 16.
The actor is best known for the groundbreaking sitcom 'The Dick Van Dyke Show,' his whimsical performance as a chimney sweep in 'Mary Poppins' and hit films like 'Bye Bye Birdie' and 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.' Van Dyke has won a Tony and five Emmys.
Watch Rehearsal Footage From the Show:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mariah Carey Cooks Frito Pie, Fixes Her Hair in Funny or Die Sketch: Watch Now!
- Katharine McPhee Grabs Friendly Meal With Ex-Husband Nick Cokas: Photo
- Kim Kardashian Gets Confronted by Anti-Fur Activists at Book Signing, Is Called a "Murderer": Watch Now!
- Big Bird was almost on Challenger space shuttle, documentary reveals
- Leaked Sony emails reveal CEOs think female superheros are not profitable
- Fit model Sarah Stage shows off bikini body 3 weeks after popping out baby