Injury Forces Dick Van Dyke to Scrap One-Man Show
By John Mitchell Posted Dec 10th 2010 06:50AM
A publicist for the Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles said on Thursday that Van Dyke has been bothered by his Achilles tendon and will have to drop out of the upcoming run of 'Dick Van Dyke -- Step in Time: A Musical Memoir.'
Van Dyke, who turns 85 on Monday, said his injuries are sadly forcing him to stay off his feet for a while. "Perhaps there will be an opportunity to revisit this sometime in the future, but in the meantime, I thank everyone for their understanding and support," he said.
The show, described by producers as "a living autobiography pulling stories and songs from Van Dyke's celebrated career," was scheduled to run through Jan. 16.
The actor is best known for the groundbreaking sitcom 'The Dick Van Dyke Show,' his whimsical performance as a chimney sweep in 'Mary Poppins' and hit films like 'Bye Bye Birdie' and 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.' Van Dyke has won a Tony and five Emmys.
Watch Rehearsal Footage From the Show:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Growing Baby Bump and Legs in Another Tight LBD -- See Her Chic Maternity Wear!
- Rachel Bilson Is Taking Full Maternity Leave, Jaime King Dishes on Hart of Dixie Costar's Baby Shower
- Minnie Driver: Parents Who Put Kids in Showbiz Are "Desperate and Conflicted"
- Animal Abuse? After Eviction, Jon Gosselin Abandons Tiny Kitten In Rental Home!
- Judge Denies Teresa Giudice's Halfway House Plea, Bureau Of Prisons To Determine Final Placement
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chrissy Teigen criticized for tweets on Ottawa shooting
- In defense of Renee Zellweger's face