Injury Forces Dick Van Dyke to Scrap One-Man Show
By John Mitchell Posted Dec 10th 2010 06:50AM
A publicist for the Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles said on Thursday that Van Dyke has been bothered by his Achilles tendon and will have to drop out of the upcoming run of 'Dick Van Dyke -- Step in Time: A Musical Memoir.'
Van Dyke, who turns 85 on Monday, said his injuries are sadly forcing him to stay off his feet for a while. "Perhaps there will be an opportunity to revisit this sometime in the future, but in the meantime, I thank everyone for their understanding and support," he said.
The show, described by producers as "a living autobiography pulling stories and songs from Van Dyke's celebrated career," was scheduled to run through Jan. 16.
The actor is best known for the groundbreaking sitcom 'The Dick Van Dyke Show,' his whimsical performance as a chimney sweep in 'Mary Poppins' and hit films like 'Bye Bye Birdie' and 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.' Van Dyke has won a Tony and five Emmys.
Watch Rehearsal Footage From the Show:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Lawrence Defies the Freezing NYC Weather in Light Jackets, Open-Toe Heels
- Jennifer Aniston: I Was "Cranky" and "Irritable" When I Stopped Exercising for My Cake Role
- Team America: World Police Showing in Place of The Interview at Texas Movie Theater: Details
- 'The Interview' was originally scripted with fake country, fake leader's name
- Ex-'Sons of Guns' star Will Hayden indicted on rape charges
- Fox News should air ?The Interview,' says Jimmy Kimmel